HUMILIATION

Rachel

"Hey, Rachel!" Yoora greeted as she saw me entering the college. "Hey" I exclaimed back and walked towards her friend.

The day was so normal like nothing had happened the day before and that bothered me even more. 

"Was it you by any chance?" I asked Yoora from out of the blue in the middle of class. "What was you?" Yoora did not pay much attention and continued noting stuff in her notebook. "The letter." I said, "Huh?!...Why Would You Think Like That?" Yoora suddenly said a little louder than before but enough to catch everyone's attention.

"What's so important that you have to shout in the middle of class Ms. Yoora, I suppose?" The teacher asked her in a stern voice as Yoora just stood up and mumbled an apology. "Did you say something? I am sorry I don't have Rabbit ears." "I am Sorry, Ms. Rosewood." Yoora apologized to the teacher, Ms. Rosewood. "Mind sharing your problem with the class? I would love to hear why you shouted, I mean you can't even do a speech or presentation in front of the whole class properly and you can shout in the class so easily so there must be a meaningful reason, right?" Ms. Rosewood said in a sarcastic voice. 

There was silence for a while with Yoora looking at her feet and Ms.Rosewwod looking straight at her.

"Sorry to interfere Miss but Yoora has given many presentations in different subjects after yours, so she is way better in that than all of us." One of the boys in their class, Lucas stood up and spoke. "That's true miss." I too stood up and Ms. Rosewood then said. "Are you both trying to talk back to your teacher? and I don't care about other subjects but according to me she is as bad in giving a presentation as Isabelle."

 At that moment the whole class's eyes were on Isabelle as she just looked out of the window. "Look at this shameless girl, I bet she hasn't improved yet." Ms. Rosewood stopped speaking when "STOP! How can you say anything like that as a teacher? How many times do we need to tell you that Isabelle has a speech problem and has been seeing a doctor for that, you can't talk like that about a student."

Yoora gathered the courage because she knew, no matter how good the teacher was, she had no rights to talk about a student's condition like that and compare her to others who are fit and fine.

"YOU THREE ARE COMING TO THE PRINCIPAL WITH ME!" Ms. Rosewood shouted and left the classroom, after 5 minutes of silence she was back. "FOLLOW ME YOU THREE!!!!!!"

"I mean how can she talk like that? It just makes my blood boil." I said while me and Yoora were going home from college. "Leave that, did you see how Lucas stood up for me, He is such a nice man. He makes me want to simp over him." Yoora suddenly started squealing in happiness while talking about Lucas, He has been with me and Yoora since 11th grade and were friends since then, but Yoora was always into making him more than a friend.

"Not again" I said but was interrupted. "See how good we look together; we must be soulmates" Yoora continued squealing when I suddenly started laughing. "You believe in soulmates? that's funny."

"Stop laughing! And what's so wrong in believing in soulmates? You will also believe in it, the day you find yours---"

I cut her off while looking at a guy who just passed by us "Found..." I said subconsciously looking at the back of the guy fading away. "Who is he? I haven't seen him here before." Yoora said and I came out of my dreamland. "Maybe a new student."

"What did you say before?" Yoora asked me in a teasing manner. "What did I say? I--di-dn-'t say anything." I muttered out of nervousness.

------------------------
Min Hanna