LET'S GO!

Rachel

I felt it again and again and again and again. The guy never stopped, the dreams never stopped and the letters never stopped.

That day when I found a paper in my bag, I was sure it was from the same person. I felt a guy stalk me day and night, whether it was at the shelter, t college or at home. I felt someone always look at me.

Eventually, I stopped being worried as the person never showed up in front of me. Nightmares became a habit, the letters became a part of the dustbin and the stalking became something I wanted to forget. I agreed to Jackson's offer of San Diego, he made me forget everything and I could smile freely around him. Maybe, it would be good for my health to spend time with friends.

I was sitting on my bed while staring at my ceiling intensely for no reason when my cellphone rang with a message. It was Kalamathi

Kalamathi- Hey Rachel, I just wanted to tell you something. Actually the first letter that you got at college, it was given by me. I was trying to do a prank but I don't know who sent you the second letter. Even the letter that I had was fake and I made it myself.

I read it and a mixture of fear and shock clouded my mind. I totally forgot Kalamathi also got a letter and now, I felt like it was the best thing that could have happened or it would have just worried me more.
I tried processing, so the first letter in my pocket was kept by Kalamathi and the next one was given by someone else, the person was just playing along.

I had a strong feeling of someone watching me at all times even before the first letter so that means my stalker saw the letter and decided to scare me by sending more.

I was glad that because of the first letter, I realised that someone was actually behind me, but the amount of tension it gave me made me angry about the same.

I decided to reply with an 'its alright' and proceed with my idea of packing stuff for San Diego.

The day we leave was tomorrow and it came sooner than expected. Nowadays, I spend all my time in my house snuggled up in my bed with my laptop and a cup of coffee or snacks till late night, my mother wasn't home for a few days due to work and Jimmy couldn't care less, he was also coming with us to Diego. Even though he didn't know half of us he agreed saying he would come as he was dispirited and lonely.

I stepped out of my house while dragging my small suitcase, it was sunny even though it was January making it an awesome day for a long drive. Jimmy tagged behind me and I saw the quite large car parked outside my house with a few people around but despite the population I saw, my eyes looked for one familiar face that attracted me without my consent.

Jackson waved.

I waved .

He came and helped me put my case in the trunk of the car. When he was near me, he whispered something im my ear. "Charles bought your old friend."

I saw her and she saw me, "Jamie James." I whispered under my breath. "Hey" We both said at the same time, awkward to have met after years. The familiar brunette stood beside another familiar blonde, Jasmine.

"How have you been?" She asked and I nodded. "Great. What about you?"

"Great as well."

"So, did you reach the dream about which you blabbered about day and night?" She spoke again.

"Well almost." "I am not talking about designing."

"Oh." I sighed and decided not to speak anymore and turned to Jackson. I did not want to respond to that question. There was a dream I had, in middle school, in highschool and in college.

"Is everyone here!?" Jackson yelled, ready to leave for the trip.

I counted.

I, Jackson, Charles, Jamie, Danial, Jasmine and Jimmy.

"Yoora?" I asked and a girl popped out of nowhere behind me. "You look hot girl." I turned around and saw Yoora in her sweatpants and crop top. "You look like you just woke up." I remarked and made a fake disgusted face, she punched my shoulder playfully.

We all settled in the car, Jackson was driving, I was beside him. The car could fit three people behind us and behind that one there were four seats facing each other. Dan and Jasmine sat behind us with the other four sitting behind them.

The car's engine roared and Jackson made it let out a horn, marking the start of the journey where I could just hope nothing negative could follow behind, whether it be a human or a piece of paper.

"Let's go!" Danials shout mixed with the start of music and blowing wind form the awesome weather outside.

After a while, we crossed the now familiar shelter and saw the animals and some people walking outside. Pleased with the view, Jackson got distracted and the car bounced a little due to something on the road.

He got startled and looked back at driving. "Careful." I absentmindedly warned.

A little while passed and we came to an area I hadn't seen before. Even though I lived in San Francisco since I was born, I was never much of a traveller. I liked riding my bike but I never went very far on it.

"Is it raining?" Jasmine asked liking outside her closed window. "No, I am quite certain it's not." I replied. "Then why is there rain only on my side."

Jackson turned back a little ans saw the there was some water falling from above in front of Jasmines window. "I think something is leaking from the roof." He stated and stopped the car. Suddenly, I wondered where did he get the car from, even though it was Ms.Rosewood who provided half the facilities like food and a resort, I couldn't guarantee if the car was included.

Jackson walked out of the car and I shifted to a drivers seat and leaned outside, both mine and his jaw dropped at the view.

"So what is it? It has stopped raining now!" Dan asked.

I looked at the two cats sitting on the roof with a hamster in front of them. "THEY WERE PEEING, IT WAS NOT RAINING!" Jackson exclaimed in the loudest voice I've heard him use, he has been the calmest man I've ever met and maybe sometimes a bit rude and ignorant but he was great at heart.

He went to the cats and they purred looking at him . Immediately, his expressions softened and he ruffed its hair. "I'll call someone to take them away, we are not very far from the shelter."

One by one everyone came out and passed time with the animals until some people from the shelter came to take them away. The cats seemed to know Jackson well and they did but wanna leave but eventually went inside the van bought for them.

"Poly you need to go, you weren't supposed to be here anyway." Jackson tried convincing the hamster that clung into him like his life depended on him.

After a while, the hamster was gone as well and we continued our drive which was active and blissful until I found another letter in my bag halfway through.

————————-
Min Hanna