WEEKEND THINGS

Jackson

"Hey, I said I am sorry I didn't mean to ignore you. How many times do I say!" I hit his shoulder in a playful manner but only I knew how deep the words went, how the smile that was there on my face was not very real.

"I didn't get what you said." Rachel said and shrugged it, Dan spoke again but stopped shortly. "Nothing---Hey Jasmine!" Jasmine reached the group of college students and stood in front of Dan replacing Rachel who slid to Charles. "I thought she left." Charles and Dan shook his head. 
"She just went for a while."

Jasmine shifted beside Dan with her arm tugging at Dan's. "Then, Jasmine and I will leave now, it was nice to meet you and Yoora." He looked at Rachel and said before leaving with Jasmine who just waved at the unfamiliar group of people. It was now I, Charles, Rachel and Yoora. "Hey." Yoora said to Charles to break the awkward silence, when I looked at Rachel's face, I could sense that she regretted approaching some people not close to her in the middle of the street.

"So, when did you return from France?" Yoora's voice was demanding with her hands on her waist like a boss. The question made I and Rachel have a shocked expression. "You know him?" "How do you know he's from France?" The questions overlapped making it hard to understand any of the two questions. "Uh... I came to visit dad, just 2 days ago." He hesitated as if he himself didn't know why he was in San Francisco. "You didn't think of visiting me and mom even once?"

Confused, I looked at Charles to see him just deep in thought. "It's something even I don't know why I didn't do." He continued to glance at me and proceeded. "I have a friend to enjoy with, so I'll visit mom later." This statement made me and Rachel even more surprised. "Your mom?" Rachel asked and he nodded, "It's a long story I am quite sure Yoora never told you about it, I don't tell my friends either."

After a while of explanation by Yoora and Charles while sitting on a random bench in the park, I got to know that the girl I met just yesterday, had a best friend who was my other best friend's sister whose parents got divorced when they were little and were now living, one with mom, one with dad. Complicated? Not if you ponder a little.

"Our mom and dad are not on bad terms, and neither are we." Yoora completed and after that, the first thing that got my attention was the timing on my wristwatch. "Damn, it's 2 pm already?" I said and the others looked at me with a bewildered expression.

"2 pm is not even late Jackson." Charles said and I raised my eyebrow at him like asking, 'are you sure about that?'. 

"Daisy, shit." He said under his breath, "It's actually late, you should go." The two girls sat there, confused at why 2 in the afternoon was a late timing. I stood up and dusted my pants. "I will leave now, maybe you both can leave Charles and have your hangout, or have a new friend join you." I said to the girls and was about to leave. "Where are you going?" Rachel asked.

"Um......to meet someone important." "May I join? Yoora says she will take Charles to meet their mom now, so I am going to be lonely." She asked while standing up as well, with a smile on her face. Oh, she looked so nice with that, "Sure Sasa but you're yourself sure you want to go with some boy you met just a day ago?" I said, uncertain. My voice unintentionally sounded flirty.

"I am sure you mean no harm, but what did you call me?"

"Sasa"

"What does that mean?"

"You will know, but for now, we should proceed, Sasa."

Since I had walked to the park, my bike was not around so I asked Rachel if she wanted me to get the bike or we could take a taxi since the destination wasn't very close or walkable from the park. "No worries, my bike is parked just across the park, come with me." It was surprising, not to sound feudal but I hadn't met any girl who drove a bike till date. Before I said anything, she pulled me to a place that looked very familiar.

"Why are we under my apartment?" I asked and she shrugged. "I just parked my bike anywhere I felt like, I didn't know you lived here." 

She was to get on the bike but instead she forwarded the keys to me. "Wanna take me wherever you wish to?" An automatic smile crept on my face, and I nodded. "Sure Sasa, but do you trust me with your bike?" "Do you drive a bike?" She asked, I replied in the positive. She nodded, "Then you can drive mine, but keep in my mind." Her voice suddenly turned more assertive, "If one scratch comes to my bike, the same comes on your face."

We rode the bike, her arms around my waist, I rode her to the place I absolutely love. The bike was not very fast, and we could savor the surrounding as much as we liked. "I am curious about something, if Yoora is your best friend how did you not know Charles?" I asked. "I knew him, I just did not expect to see him with you, I met him quite a lot when we were children, he just changed so much in France."  We talked for a while but stopped when I escalated the bike and started going closer to the seaside.

"Where in the world are you taking me?" "Keep patience Sasa, I am not going to harm you."

The shock on her face was vivid when she saw Daisy for the first time, I wasn't sure if she liked Daisy or not, but it was evident that she had no idea what she had gotten herself to.

"Oh my god, Daisy is so cute! Is she the someone important you were coming to meet?" I nodded and she smiled making me smile. "I love animals, especially cats and Daisy."

 "Your choice is so nice!" 

"Because you're a part of it Sasa."

"Huh?" Thankfully she didn't hear what I muttered unconsciously. 

What in the world did I just say?

----------------------

Min Hanna