The Princess of Kalinga

The newly married couple were literally strangers for each other quite similar to those of the current era . However one of them was from the future crashlanding here while the other one , his better half was new to the creation . Having taken their leave from the abode of Shukra they descended down to the Earth . They were welcomed by the proud parents of the groom .

Varunadeva's happiness knew no boundaries as he came to know of the education and marriage of his Son from the teacher of the demons . Both he and his wife Parnasa , the mother of Shrutayudha were present to witness their son's marriage . They left immediately after the nuptials so as to welcome the new bride to their family . However their Son's resolve and the nagging Indra were going to be obstacles in the path of their daughter in law's fortunes .

Hence they wanted to gift the new couple a kingdom as the gift for beginning their new life . However the stubborn disciple of Shukracharya wanted to establish himself by merit . Therefore he declined the offer of his parents before taking their blessings to begin a fresh chapter as a new saga unfolds in the era of arrogance .

Kalinga , the land of relentless warriors and the home of mysticism was getting ready for a grand event . The event would stay as a mark of a great moment in history for an epic warrior . The reigning emperor of Kalinga , king Chitrangada was the proud father of an illustrious daughter , whom he decided to bestow with the man of her choice . Queen Chandramudra was very emotional as her only daughter had grown up as the fairest maiden of the whole world and was now going to step into a new household leaving her behind .

The whole of Kalinga had been decorated as they welcomed guests from all over the world to the self choice ceremony of their beloved princess , Bhanumati . Bhanumati was perhaps the only heir to her Kingdom and hence the kings and princes of the whole world wanted to grab the opportunity to seize another piece of land into the territory of their empires . But for her it was just another event which she thought to participate for the sake of her parents. She was least bothered about getting married which was evident from the indifference as she went through the list of her suitors .

 She was least bothered about getting married which was evident from the indifference as she went through the list of her suitors

Royals of high self esteem too were invited or else they would take it as a token of an insult to their pride . Jarasandha of Magadha, Shalya from Madra , Rukmi of Vidharbha , Shishupala from Chedi , Jayadratha of Sindh were the most prominent ones to have graced their presence in this occasion . They along with all other kings and princes were welcomed warmly by the King Chitrangada himself .

Each of the participants had an arrogant smirk despite knowing the fact very well that only one among them would be garlanded today . While speaking of arrogance one can never ever forget the eldest son of Gandhari , Duryodhana , who had grown up to become a fearsome warrior and a deadly wrestler . Even he was here with a mission at hand along with his impenetrable armour clad friend , the unknown eldest son of Kunti , Karna . This son of the sun was an enigma in himself as he possessed both arrogance of a warrior and the benevolence of a king .