The Battle Eve

Life is a battle that is fought everyday . It's a conglomerate of risks that approach unpredictably . We can only plan for our set of actions and hope to succeed . Yet our fate can lead us anywhere  . I had set all my pawns into action and now the execution of the plans were awaited . I am sure of the fact that the Lord of the universe would get through the hurdles but probably he would have some hiccups before reaching here .

But when we meet tomorrow it would definitely be a memorable day for me . I had been a great devotee of his endless form in my last life and never had I ever thought of meeting him in blood and flesh . Probably I had to battle him tomorrow to safeguard my motherland . I don't know whether I would succeed or fail but one thing for sure is that  I wouldn't give up until my last .

The spies had given the message of the death of Narakasura at the hands of a maiden probably referring to the Incarnation of the goddess Earth . However the demon king of Pragyotisha had made things easier for myself . Even much more than what I had anticipated . The demons of Pragyotisha were stopped midway before entering Kosala by the allies of Kurus and Yadavas only to meet their own peril . Each and every regiment was thrashed mercilessly by the demons .

With the exception of Panchal and Madra none of the Kuru allies escaped the wrath of Naraka . King Drupad and Shalya however were beaten as well and were alive only due to the yadava intervention . Balarama held his ground effortlessly as he demolished many asuras on his way . He even defeated the sons of Narakasura but wasn't able to overcome the son of Bhoomi . However Satyabhama reached the spot only to ensure the victory for the Yadavas as the remnant army breathed a sigh of relief .

In the meanwhile ,  Magadha had witnessed a terrible battle between the titans of the universe . One side had the Preserver while other one had protection of the destroyer and the epic face off was one of the most anticipated ones for the whole creation . Banasura and his army started gaining ground quickly running through the army of Hastinapur until Krishna showed his class .

The Narayani sena commanded by Narayana himself unleashed a tremendous attack over the demons of Shonitpura . The Pandavas too weren't far behind as they recovered quickly from the initial setback . When Banasura sensed his imminent defeat , he summoned the help of Lord Shiva who entered the battlefield alongside his son Kartikeya to protect his devotee .

As expected Krishna managed to force Shiva to retreat while Kartikeya absolutely wrecked havoc on the hapless Narayani Sena . The Pandavas were toyed upon until Krishna saved the day again for them . The master of wordplay finally had the last say as the ceasefire between the two parties were brought about . Banasura however felt betrayed when the family of Kailasha deserted him in the battlefield whole  forcing him to undergo truce with Krishna .

As the both of the plans worked well we had now a lesser number to fight against which had a positive impact on the mindsets of my army . However the fear of Krishna and a budding warrior named Arjuna was still looming over them . Preparations for the war was on top gear as we are anticipating invasion early the next morning . The soldiers were alert and so were my spies as even sleep had left me gor days . I was alone in my tent sharpening my weapons when the voice of two pairs of anklets made myself look at the entrance. 

A smiling maiden in the tough times is something that offers some solace to restless minds . And when the lady is your better half herself , probably the longstanding weariness too vanishes . However I was even luckier in this respect too as both my wives were here beside me at the land where battle is to take place with the upcoming sunrise . I hadn't expected them at this time of the night . However today it felt more comfortable than awkward . We hadn't spent enough to together owing to the battles , yet a sense of mutual understanding had developed between us which probably nudged them to look upon me when I felt anxious .

Sakrayani , the daughter of my Guru was perhaps a strong willed lady despite being soft spoken . She had apparently no regrets in accepting myself as her soul mate . Probably she was a divine lady being born of the energies of the great Shukracharya . However she had a even greater heart that made her smile even after having shared her husband whom she had married very recently . Her smile was genuinely one of the most beautiful ones which would even force the coldest of hearts to reciprocate. She laughed to her hearts extent , giggled with the ladies of Kalinga while enjoying herself amidst the chaos . To be honest , she was the reason of the positive vibes that still kept the women folk calm in this tough time .

 To be honest , she was the reason of the positive vibes that still kept the women folk calm in this tough time

Bhanumati , the princess of the land was forced into solemnity in the beginning . Her important day was ruined by a spoiltbrat and she had to get herself tied into nuptial knot with a stranger without any choice . However tough times never seemed to end for her as guilt pricked her core every passing day . She used to be a chirpy girl before her marriage and now even her smile seemed forced to her kins . Time was a great healer but time itself had created a situation where her kingdom has been forced into war . Our interactions have been quite formal but something was different tonight as her face was showing a charm accentuated by her smile . I know about herself being adept in magic too but getting over one's own demons  isn't easy either . Having said that , it really feels great to see her happy even when I have difficulty in doing so .

Both of my smiling wives came up to check on me together as everyday

Both of my smiling wives came up to check on me together as everyday . However this was the first time they came so late . On being  asked they gave me the reply that worried me further . The entire women folk of Kalinga along with the kids and even the elderly had moved into the camping area to spend the night with their bread earners . This night was something that everyone wished never to pass as they had rested everything upon almighty now .

Interestingly , none appeared afraid despite knowing that the upcoming morning may wipe out their very existence . Probably they had no regrets after having received the opportunity to sacrifice for their motherland . And this was the very thing that troubled myself as I felt that it was my duty to protect everyone. But I myself am aware that the sunrise would make me fight the one who is invincible . The one who is unmatched in the whole of the creation and he would be here to support his cousins against my motherland .

Both of them came to sit on both my side and placed their reassuring soft hands over my shoulders . A breeze of wind made myself feel serene as my smiling wives made me feel relaxed . Clinging on to my sides they offered me the much needed support that helped me calm down . Probably the night was long and weary too , yet with family at hand any problem seemed forgettable. The charming princess and the doting daughter of sage made me feel that I wasn't fighting alone as all three of us spent the eve of the battle without any further anxiousness . With a renewed vigour and a zeal to fight for my nation , I awaited the dawn to lead my band of fellow patriots into the ultimate battle .