-i. oscorp

{🕸️📣}

"THIS ISNT FAIR, WHY DO I HAVE TO tour the newbies around, i don't even work here! have gwen do it." adeline complained dr.connors, who was following her uncle's orders.

norman osborn, the founder of oscorp, and adeline's uncle was forcing her to give a tour around the place even though she wasn't a staff member.

at least under the request of her mom, his sister, to get adeline "out there"

"well, i say you are." dr. connors said, as he shoved her over to the group of teen standing.

"hi, uh welcome to oscorp, my name's adeline reigns, niece of norman osborn. i'm also a senior at midtown science, and my best friend is head intern under dr.connors. and i'm going to be with you for the duration of your visit." adeline said bluntly.

"basic rule. where i go, you go. if you remember that all will be fine and if you forget that-"

adeline was cut of by a man screaming as he got escorted out of the building. "my name's rodrigo!" he yelled out as he was sent out.

"well i guess i don't need to tell you what happens if you forget that. shall we."

adeline then turned, showing them around as she walked to dr. connor's area.

"come around this way." she said once they arrived, and then dr. connors came out.

"good afternoon adeline." he said. "dr. connors." she responded.

"welcome, my name is dr. curtis connors. and yes, in case you're wondering i'm a south paw." he said indicating to his arm.

some of the teens laughed as connors continued, "i'm not a cripple i'm a scientist, and i'm the world's foremost authority on herpetology."

"that's reptiles for those of you who don't know." he said.

"but like the parkinson's patient who watches on in horror as her body slowly betrays her, or the man with macular degeneration who's eyes grow dimmer each day, i long to fix myself."

"i want to create a world without weakness. anyone care to venture a guess just how?" dr. conncors asked.

a boy raised his hand, "yes?" "stem cells?" he guess.

"promising, but the solution i'm thinking of is more radical."

they all looked around at each other confused, "no one?" dr. connors asked.

"cross-species genetics." a voice said from behind, and familar voice to adeline.

they all looked back at him, and shocking it was peter, peter parker.

adeline gasped, and looked down at her list of people not seeing his name.

"person gets parkinson's when the brain cells that produce dopamine start to disappear. but a zebra gosh has the ability to regenerate cells on command." peter said

"if you could somehow give this ability to the woman you're talking about, that's that. she's...she's curing herself." he finished.

"yeah you just have to look past the gills on her neck." an intern said, and they al laughed.

"shh." dr. connors said, and they all went silent.

"a-and you are?"

"he's one of midtown science's best and brightest." adeline said. "really"

"mmhmm, he's second in his class." she spoke again.

"oh?" dr. connors said. "second?" peter said. adeline nodded, "yeah."

"you sure about that?" peter said again. "i'm pretty sure." adeline spoke.

dr. connors's phone began to ring, and he looked at it. "i'm afraid duty calls. i'll leave you in the more than capable hands of ms. reigns. nice meeting you all."

adeline then started a small film, that was shown by a projector, "if you all would gather around?"

the interns came around to look, and as adeline watched boredly she saw otter staring to walk away.

"hi." she said stopping him in his tracks and he turned.

peter turned around clearing his throat, "what you doing rodrigo?" she said.

he looked at his name tag, "oh yeah." "what are you doing here?"

"i work here. i don't work here. i was gonna say i work here, but it seems like you in fact do, so you know that i don't work here."

"are you following me?" adeline said, smiling at the boy's rant.

"no i'm not following you, no. i'm not. i had no idea you work here."

"then why would you be here. and i don't work here, i was forced by my uncle."

"i just snuck in because i..i love science." peter said.

"you love science?"

"i'm passionate about it."

"so you snuck in?"

"i have to lead this tour group." adeline said. "i know."

"so i'll ask you more about this later, do not get me in trouble. stay with the groups." adeline said walking back over to the interns.

"okay guys, i'm gonna take you to the bio reactor room now." adeline said.

she walked on, not realized peter did not in fact, stay with the group.