-iii. awkwardness

{🕸️📣}

"CAN YOU GUYS GET SOME balance and grip, and fix my pyramid!" adeline yelled at the cheer team.

she was mad, angry, annoyed. her and flash got in their 5th argument this week, and it was staring to piss her off.

what was even worse was that flash was getting even meaner, and he wouldn't stop kissing adeline any chance he got.

usually she didn't mind, but right now she didn't think affection was what she needed

"you did that on purpose flash!" a girl yelled, and adeline turned to the situation behind her.

a basketball had knocked over her paint bucket and it spilled all over her poster.

"no but i should've. you better watch your back." flash said, and then one of his teammates tossed the ball back.

"you know what, take five." adeline said, and the groups broke from their pyramid.

adeline watched as peter helped the girl, and then she saw flash purposely throw the ball at them.

peter leaned over, and then caught the ball easily.

adeline's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "did he just.." she whispered.

"give it up parker." flash said. peter nodded, handing the girl his camera.

"this idiot does not learn." adeline said as she watched peter walked to the middle of the court.

"why don't you take it from me?" peter said.

flash walked forward, "go these. take it." peter said.

flash reached for the ball, and peter swerved it around his back and to the other side.

he did this again and again, bouncing the ball of flash's back when he turned around.

onlookers oohed and aahed, while adeline stood there in cheer uniform, with her arms crossed wondering how peter was doing it.

some students starting to laugh at flash, something he wasn't used to.

peter pretended to throw it, and flash ducked.

peter then held the ball out, "just take it." he said.

flash didn't believe him, and stood there. "alright how bout this?" peter said, covering his eyes, opening his fingers a bit.

adeline laughed at his actions, he was a pretty funny guy.

flash looked over at his girlfriend, seeing the smile he hadn't see her give him in a while.

and she was smiling because of another guy, because of peter parker. now he was definitely not letting peter get away with this.

peter looked away, turning his back, "all right. how bout that?"

flash then grabbed the ball, but it wouldn't budge. it was like it was glued to peter's hand, with the strongest glue in the world.

"come on flash do something." one of the players said as they watched flash struggle.

"stop playing man."

"come on flash..take it." peter whispered, and flash stepped back.

"yo flash. let's go!"

"do it, stop playin!"

"let's go flash come on!"

the players all started to yell at flash to get the ball, thinking he was doing it on purpose.

flash looked at adeline helplessly, and she honestly felt bad for him then, but not fully.m sympathetic.

he then got a fierce look on his face, as peter began to drive the ball:

"all right, bring it. come on parker! come on!" flash yelled.

peter darted towards him, shoving him onto the ground as he lept up into the air.

"no way.." adeline trailed off, watching the scene.

peter dunked the ball, and the glass backboard shattered.

her team screamed loudly, scattering away. "can you guys stop being so pathetic, it wasn't even gonna hit you from that far!" adeline yelled at them.

-

at the end of the day adeline packed up quickly, avoiding have to walk home with flash.

she spotted peter, but stood a bit far as he was having a conversation with someone.

the man looked at her, and she looked away in embarrassment. peter and him started talking again, and adeline waited a bit impatiently z

"he's got you on his computer." the man said. "i'm his probation officer."

"don't forget aunt may." he said, walking away and leaving peter and adeline together.

"okay." peter said laughing. "he's a character. that's my- that's my uncle. he's a pathological liar." peter said as adeline walked closer to him.

"he thought you were someone else." peter finished.

"oh man, you don't have me on your computer?" adeline said.

"i took a photo of the cheerleading team, and you're..on the cheerleading team."

"right."

"so... he must have seen... i was touching up stuff." peter said nervously.

"touching up stuff? come on." adeline said laughing z

i was...i was.. i'm not gonna answer that." peter smiled.

adeline had never seen peter smile, and she had to admit he had the prettiest one she's seen.

"did you get expelled?" adeline asked. "no, no. i didn't get expelled. i got community service."

adeline nodded, as she turned to leave. "so you want to... i don't know...um?" peter asked, and she turned back.

"want to what?"

"i don't know. just...um."

peter scratched this head, "i don't know... we could..."

adeline smiled at his awakwardness, and just decided to go along with him.

"we could do something else, or we could...if you don't feel like, we could..."

"yeah." adeline said. "yeah?" peter repeater. "yeah, either one." adeline said again.

"really?" peter said, his eyes widening. "sure."

"okay. all right, good. sounds good."

"cool."

"okay. i can't right now, i can't right now."

"yeah, no."

"i'm so busy right now."

"i know, me too."

they both started to walk away from each other, very very slowly.

"but maybe...yeah."

"just, you know."

"some...other..."

"time, all right." adeline said, twirling her binder around, not quickly since she still had her cheer uniform on.

"okay." peter said laughing. "bye." he said, looked at adeline walking away.

she looked back at him, and peter was still smiling.

"he's adorable." adeline said to herself as she walked.