-xiii. again and again

{🕸️📣}

ADELINE AND GWEN STOOD ON stage next to their principal, as he called up the names of the graduates to get their diplomas.

"any idea where peter is?" gwen whispered to adeline as she knew his name was coming up.

"probably doing his little, you know, buisness." adeline said, and gwen nodded.

"bo parisi." the principal said and the person came up to get their diploma and everyone clapped.

"peter parker."

nobody walked up, and so the principal said it again, "peter park-"

peter popped out of nowhere, his gown a mess but still put together, and a bookbag on his back.

the crowd cheered, and peter took his diploma shaking hands with the man.

he then high fived gwen, and then moved over to adeline who was next to her.

peter grabbed her, pulling her closed as he kissed her in front of everyone.

the crowd cheered and whistled, loving what they were seeing.

peter dipped adeline back towards the crowed, and then brought her back up as she fixed her cap.

yes, you thought they broke up right? well, they can't stay that long apart so peter and adeline got back together.

after a long talk they decided they needed each other, and in peter's words. "the best promises are the ones you can't keep."

after the graduation where the families were all around the courtyard taking photos and talking to their friends and family.

adeline spotted peter and his aunt, and she walked over to them.

"hi peter, hi aunt may!" adeline said with a bright smile on her face.

and as for adeline, she hadn't fully gotten over her father's death, but with the help of family, friends,  peter, and counseling she's gotten back up on her feet. despite her uncle also passing.

"hi adeline." aunt may said as she smiled back. "now you two, get together, get together right now."

peter and adeline stood next to each other as aunt may took out a camera, peter putting his arm around adeline.

"a quick one, all right. cheese!"

peter leaning in, kissing adeline again. aunt may snapped a photo and then peter pulled away.

"okay, i'll just be over here." aunt may said. "yeah just give me too seconds, don't go too far." peter said.

"hmm. did you traffic jam have anything to do with the russian mob, and machine guns by any chance?" adeline said pulling up a news article on her phone.

peter looked around, "why didn't you just tell me?"

he covered adeline's phone, "you were about to do your class president speech, come on." peter said.

"addy! honey, family photo!" adeline's mom called out, and she looked over.

"okay mom!"

"and, are you coming to dim sum? i promise they have great food." adeline asked.

"can't keep me away." peter said. "okay it's at 8 o'clock, don't be late." gwen said.

"i won't be."

peter wrapped his arm around adeline's waist as he pulled her closer.