-viii. not your job

{🕸️📣}

"ITS SO...TERRIFYING." ADELINE said as she held the vile with the spider that but peter in her hand.

"knows how to bite though." peter said. "you think one can bite me...i can be like you."

adeline made a noise with her mouth, as she pretended to shoot webs out her hands, and peter laughed.

"who else knows about this?" she then asked.

"just you."

"really?" she said, turning towards the football players who were playing in front of them

"hey, you don't...you don't believe what the police are saying, do you?" peter suddenly asked.

"of course not. just cause my dad's the second chief or whatever the heck he is doesn't mean i have to agree with anything they say." adeline said.

"does it scare you?" she asked peter, turning her entire body towards him. "what you can do?"

"no. no." he smiled, and then turned his body towards adeline.

"what did that thing on the bridge look like?" adeline asked.

"it was real big. too big to be human." peter answered, and adeline got worried.

"you gotta lay low." she instructed. "no, can't do that."

"you've got to."

"i mean, why...? just why peter?"

"because of last night." he started. "those people on the bridge."

"whatever was attacking them would've...would have killed them." peter said.

"so...i gotta go after it."

"that's not your job."

"maybe it is."

peter heard adeline let out a quiet stressed sigh, and decided to change the subject.

"i really liked kissing you. yoou're an amazing kisser." peter said.

adeline smiled, and her cheeks started to get warm.

"well, you know, it was...it was good for me too." adeline said nodding

"yeah? i thought you would be disappointed, cause i definitely am not a pro like flash."

"eh, he wasn't that good. but i can teach you to be a pro."

"yeah?"

"yeah."

peter started to lean in to kiss adeline again, when he suddenly caught a football that was flying towards them.

he then threw it, and it hit the edge of the touchdown goal.

"yo, who did that!"

nayah speaks !!

shortest chapter known to man