-xi. the antidote

{🕸️📣}

"ADDY YOU'RE SAYING WAY too much, i can't comprehend this all." gwen said, as her and adeline walked to oscorp.

"i'll explain everything more, but the most important part is we need the antidote from the cross species file, blue serum. or else the entire town is gonna be lizard gwen!" adeline said.

"okay, right cause connors is the lizard, and peter is spi-"

"shh."

"sorry."

they arrived at oscorp, going inside the tall building as fast as possible.

then the duo went to connor's floor, going to find the cross species file.

adeline stood the the side as gwen put her id card into something, not knowing what was going on at all.

"i started the antidote." gwen said and adeline nodded.

suddenly adeline's phone rang, and she took it out of her pocked to show peter's name.

"hi." she said as she put the call on speaker so her and gwen could hear.

"hey, where are you?" peter asked, worry laced in his tone.

"gwen and i are at oscorp." adeline said. "you have to get out of there right now, okay?" peter said.

"the antidote is cooking." adeline said, turning yo gwen.

"8 minutes." gwen whispered to adeline. "no, no, no. connors is on the way. he just released a bunch of his substance through the city, you can come back. he's coming to you right now, he needs the dispersement device. he's gonna infect the entire city. not just once section." peter said frantically.

"there's eight minutes left."

"you're gonna wait there for 8 minutes, after what i just told you? people are gonna die! you leave right know, listen that is an order, okay?" peter said, practically yelling.

"but-"

"no, no buts. if something happens to you, i'm going to blame myself. please addy i care about you a lot, get you and gwen out now!"

"i'm gonna get everyone out." adeline said, hanging up the phone on peter.

adeline walked over to a panel, and she was told it would initiate an emergency exit.

she put in the code, and then pulled down the bar and a loud alarm stared blaring through the building.

the sound of footsteps sounded, and adeline sighed as she walked back to gwen.

adeline and gwen anxiously stayed in the room, knowing connors would break in any second.

after some time the antidote was down to 1 minute, and then rumbling shook the building as she alarm continued, gwen gasping.

the alarm stopped, and then adeline reached over to a lighter she saw earlier, and used it to trigger the detectors as they let out smoke.

the main door closed, locking them inside. "we need to hide." gwen whispered, and pulled her into a vent nearby.

loud scratching at the door was heard, and it was ripped open.

connors growled, and both gwen and adeline's breaths hitched as they saw his tail pass by the vent as they walked.

he continued to growl, and clatter things around. then it was silent for a few seconds, before connors roared at the vent and gwen and adeline screamed.

he ripped down the vent door, and gwen pulled a torch out, blowing it at him.

connor growled as it hit him, and them walked away.

adeline peaked out, seeing connor's nowhere to be found.

"antidote complete."

-

"gwen go home, now. i'm gonna finish this off." adeline said to her friend.

"addy no, you need to go home too. you heard peter." gwen said.

"i'm gonna get this to him, and i need to help him. i'm serious, i'll text you as soon as i'm all done so you know i'm okay."

"fine...only because i can tell they're is something going on between you guys. and you will be telling me everything." gwen said.

"fine."

gwen left, and adeline got the antidote, getting a few extra stuff before leaving a few minutes after.

when she left, a cop car pulled up, and her dad got out of it.

"hey."

"dad! i have to get this to spider-man." adeline said as she held her dad, he held her pulling her towards the car.

"let's go, get in the car." mr. reigns said. "no it can stop the lizard!"

"get in the car."

"you don't understand!"

"yes i do. your boyfriend is a man of many masks. i get it."

mr. reigns took the antidote from his daughter, "give me this. get in the car."

adeline walked over, the other officer taking her arm.

"please make sure he's okay. please dad.." adeline said, desperate.