007:Pollywog

Maverick walked through the halls with Max next to him.

"why do people call will zombie boy? i mean, i get it. he got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? because everyone thought he was dead?" she asked and Eric looked down as they walked through the halls.

"yeah. we had a funeral for him and everything."He explained to Max she looked at Maverick as if he was mad, but continued to walk with him and said. "after a week?"

"well...some other kid drowned at the quarry. we thought it was will because his body was super decomposed."Maverick explained briefly as Max scoffed and turned to face him. "what? okay, that's not funny."

"it's not a joke." Maverick said seriously. "it's public knowledge. you can ask anyone. but not will, because he is really sensitive about it, all right?"

Max frowned at him, and nodded slowly, "okay..." they continued to walk as Eric closed his eyes and took a deep breath as they walked to mr. clarke's class.

"the case of phineas gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time. phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. a large iron rod was driven completely through his head. phineas had miraculously survived. he seemed fine." mr. clarke began as max couldn't help but stare into the back of will's head. Eric was busy playing with his watch to pay attention to Mr Clarkes class

"and physically, yes. phineas was fine. but his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality." as he spoke, Eric looked back at max, to see the girls focus on Will

He sighed thinking she had a crush on the boy

There goes my chances. He thought

"-so much so that friends that knew him started referring to him as 'no longer gage.' at the time, this was known at the american crowbar case. although it wasn't-" mr. clarke was cut off by dustin storming into the room as everyone jumped at the sudden noise.

"i am so sorry, mr. clarke!" he said, breathless as if he had just ran a marathon. "really, i'm so sorry. p-please continue with the class. don't mind me."

he sat down and whispered something to the party, and then turning to max "AV club. lunch!" he whispered.

Eric still wasn't paying attention, his mind was filled with multiple things to do once he got home, having to take care of Leo, keep the house somewhat clean and his homework in which he was now far behind. He felt his breathing quicken so he closed his eyes and started counting back for 10.

Max watched this happen and looked at the boy worriedly. Suddenly mr. clarke spoke, "dustin!" dustin jumped and faced the man who was staring down at him with a raised brow.

"yes, my lord?" dustin spoke, mr. clarke huffed. "would you care to join the class now?"

"please, yes." he nodded, pulling his textbook out with a loud breath for air. "the case of phineas gage." mr. clarke reminded him. "phineas gage."
dustin repeated, nodding.

"page 104."
"page 104. got it."

"focus." mr. clarke sighed, dustin nodded, "focusing. focusing."

The party stood waiting outside the AV club room for Eric and Mike. After class Eric had rushed to the bathroom and started splashing water against his face

Before class had ended Mike had watched Eric do his countdown and he knew exactly what had happened

He followed the boy to the toilets and made sure he was alright before they went to the Av club

"Finally, you took your time" Dustin told them holding his trap in one hand

"Yeah, um had a slight issue" Eric responded deciding to leave it there