016:In Time

"It's not like it was before," Hopper said. "It's grown. A lot. And I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demodogs," Dustin corrected, seeming unable to resist himself.

Hopper turned to look at him "I'm sorry, what?"

"I said uh, Demodogs," said Dustin, his voice getting quieter at Hopper's intense stare. "Like Demogorgon and dogs. Like, you put them together, it sounds pretty badass-"

"How is this important right now?" Hopper asked.

Dustin looked away sheepishly. "It's not. sorry." Gluing his eyes to the floor, his cheeks slowly turned red, Lucas shook his head in amusement

"I can do it," said the El standing next to Eric

"You're not hearing me," said Hopper.

"I'm hearing you." Eleven said staring directly into his, her face confident. "I can do it."

"Even if El can, there's still another problem," said Mike. "If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point," said Max, lost.

"It is," said Mike, "but if we're really right about this, I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the Mind Flayer's army..."

"Will's a part of that army," finished Lucas, his eyes widening.

"Closing the gate will kill him," said Mike.

'Do not allow them to succeed... you are still needed' spoke a voice in Eric's head it echoed louder when he felt blood dripping down his nose, he quickly wiped it away. Only Hopper took notice

Everyone sighed at this new roadblock. If they wanted to kill the Mind Flayer and its army, they now would have to find a way to get it out of Will first, or else he would die, too.

Everyone went silent after that statement

Joyce suddenly stood up. She headed out of the room, and everyone stopped talking and followed, obviously believing that she knew what she was doing.

She stopped in front of Will, who was asleep on her bed, his limbs splayed out and his face peaceful. Furrowing her brow, she moved her gaze to the open window. The rest of them started to shiver however Eric was not affected as he just stood there looking straight ahead

Once again it was only Hopper who noticed. He was now keeping his gaze directly on the boy. He looked at his eyes and how they didn't look how they used to and his gaze looked cold, almost angered

"He likes it cold," Joyce murmured, watching how the wind blew against the curtain half-covering the window.

"What?" Hopper asked.

"It's what Will kept saying to me," Joyce explained. "He likes it cold." Breathing out a sigh, Joyce moved to the open window and pulled it shut, before turning back to the intrigued group. "We keep giving it what it wants."

Nancy blinked. "If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..."

"Then we need to make the host uninhabitable," said Jonathan, finishing Nancy sentence

"So, if he likes it cold..." started Nancy.

"We need to burn it out of him," finished Joyce.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time," said Mike, reminding them all of the near-disaster that had occurred because of one phone call.

"Yeah," said Dustin, "somewhere far away."

Hopper clenched his jaw. "I think I know a place."