017: The Gate

Before Max could asked anymore questions Eric walked out of the bathroom Max soon following him

Dustin was still on this tunnel mission which Steve was completely against

"Hey, that's not entirely true," said Dustin thoughtfully. "I mean, these Demodogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away."

"So if we get their attention..." began Lucas.

"Maybe we can draw them away from the lab," Max joined in

"And clear a path to the gate!" added Mike.

By drawing the Demodogs away from the gate, they'd be able to both help the others and save the world. In the parties eyes there were no cons.

"Yeah," said Steve, "and then we all die!"

"Well that's one point of view," said Dustin.

"No, that's not a point of view, man. That's a fact."

Mike suddenly let out a gasp, and pushed through Dustin and Steve. "I got it!" he cried, turning into another room and kneeling before one of Will's drawings. "This is where the chief dug his hole," he said. "This is our way into the tunnel. So..." he stood up, and the others followed as he made his way back into the living room, gesturing at one of the thicker drawings on the floor, a section that all the tunnels seemed to connect to. "Here, right here. This is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe, if we set this on fire-"

"Oh yeah?" asked Steve. "That's a no."

Eric groaned and went to open the window, however the others continued like the two hadn't reacted. "The Mind Flayer would call away his army," realized Dustin, his eyes widening.

"They'd all come to stop us," said Lucas.

"Hey," said Steve. Everyone ignored him again.

"Then we circle back to the exit," said Mike. "By the time they realize we're gone-"

"El would be at the gate," finished Max.

They all were nodding, proud of themselves, until Steve's voice brought them back into reality. "Hey." He clapped his hands to get their attention, then put his hands on his hips,"Hey! Hey! This is not happening."

"But-" Mike tried to say.

"No, no, no, no, no," said Steve. "No buts. I promised I'd keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactly what I plan on doing. We're staying here, on the bench, and we're waiting for the starting team to do their job. Does everybody understand that?"

"This isn't a stupid sports game!"

"Do you not remember what happened in the junkyard Eric can protect us!" said Lucas, turning to the brunette boy, who looked completely unaware and unbothered about the whole situation as he stood by the open Windows

Max looked at the boy and sighed something was definitely wrong

Before anyone could say another word, however, Steve's frown contorting as the teenagers spoke, there was a revving of an engine outside. Everyone exchanged curious looks-surely they couldn't be back already-and Max and Lucas ran to the window. Max gasped. "It's my brother," she said. "He-he can't know I'm here. He'll kill me." She turned to look at Lucas, she said, "He'll kill us."

Now this is what caught Mavericks attention, how did Billy know Lucas? When did Lucas and Max get that close...

A bit of jealousy erupted in his stomach as felt his headache get worse.

His head was pounding, and it made it hard for Eric to focus as he watched Billy climb out of the car, the end of his cigarette glowing like a firefly.

He took his cigarette out of his mouth, blowing out a stream of gray smoke into the air. Eric grabbed his head curling himself up in a ball. It was getting worse. The whispers were filling her head now,and blood was dripping down his nose.

The party and Max watched as Billy opened his mouth, his lips barely moving.

Eric limped away from the window to the bathroom. His eyesight was fuzzy and the leg the demegorgan had bit was now bleeding again

As he reached the sink he tried to splash some water on his face however he fell as soon as he reached it

Eric began to shake his whole body heating up like a furnace.

'Let me in, let me in Eric' a voice spoke repeating the same sentence over and over again

Eric again curled himself in a ball mumbling to himself

'Don't let him in, no, leave me alone, leave me alone' to anyone he would've sounded mad right now. As he sat there for a minute the voice calmed down now fading to the back of his mind

And it clicked, this all started the day on the field. The day the monster entered will it entered him to, just in a different way.

The only reason Eric didn't realise this was because the mind flayer was blocking him from remembering.

Eric took one deep breath before proceeded to slowly get up and splash water on his face.

The party kept watching, letting out disappointed sighs that they couldn't find out what Billy and Steve's conversation was actually about, when suddenly Billy turned his head, gesturing with his firefly cigarette at the window, right at them.

"Get down!" BMike yelled, and all five of them slid down to hide from the view of Billy, their heartrates upping back to the tense pulse that had become the norm in the past couple of days. Dustin breathed heavily, his eyes looking around wildly.

"Shit!" he cursed. "Did he see us?"

Lucas "He definitely saw us, Dustin! Did you see how he pointed with his cigarette?"
It was quiet for a few seconds before

The door burst open and Billy entered the house almost casually. Like it was his.

"We're in deep shit" he say