Their House (for now)

(hey, before this chapter starts, just wanna apologize- for some reason Wattpad won't show my paragraph breaks. I know it makes my writing look shabby, I'm sorry - ☹️)

I was happy to see the outside. The sunlight didn't sting my eyes, and I noticed that the sky was a bit dark. "Is it going to rain?" I asked P1, who was dragging me outside of the library to go visit with him and Milo.

"I'm not sure, silly! But, uh," P1 stopped for a second to look up at the sky. "Probably." He shrugged before dragging me along again. I looked down at his hand that held mine, which seemed to have a few scratches and cuts that continued up his sleeve from what I could see. I brushed it off, thinking maybe he got hurt. P1 did seem reckless, so it probably wasn't far from the truth.

P1 brought me to a house. "Here's Milo's house! He let me move in so I didn't have to sleep on the arcade!" I didn't get a good look at the outside, since P1 already pulled me through the door.

Wait, did he say on? Like... The roof?

The inside was nice. A relaxing song played on a record player, and it smelled like cinnamon and some kind of tea. I looked around, and saw multiple watercolour paintings on the wall of sunsets. I'd seen sunset paintings in Mr's office, and thought maybe Milo had gifted him some. How sweet! The walls were painted a creamy orange colour, and the floor was light hardwood. The first room in the house was the kitchen, and it looked like, well, a kitchen.

Milo walked in as P1 was kicking off his shoes. "Milo!!" P1 squealed, quick to hug Milo. Milo wrapped his arms around P1.

"Ah- hey, P1!" Milo rubbed P1's back. "Did you get the book?" He then asked.

P1 let go and looked at Milo, frowning. "Um. No, I couldn't get it. N wasn't at the library." He sighed. Milo nodded.

"It's okay, don't worry." Milo weakly giggled. I remembered P1 had said Milo was feeling tired, and grew a bit concerned. Shouldn't Milo have been sleeping his pretty little head?!

Milo looked over P1'S shoulder. "Oh, hello. I didn't expect you to come here, it's a nice surprise!" He waved to me. I smiled and waved back.

"Yeah, yeah! I found them at the library and they said they'd come here and hang out! We can draw, play board games, watch movies-" P1 excitedly rambled, shaking their fists before being cut off by running into the living room.

Milo turned to me. "So did Mr have you stay at the library? You're lucky you made it out of there, N has a whole bunch of creepy crawlies.." Milo asked me before shuddering, wiggling his orange fingers while mentioning bugs.

Milo took me to the living room. "I survived, yes. All of their bugs are nice, except for one that is evil." I shrugged. Milo nodded. Between two armchairs was a closet full of board games and old consoles, and P1 was looking through all of them, muttering under his breath.

"P1, maybe we should just.. hang out, you know?" Milo sighed, slumping into a white armchair. P1 turned to face him, smile fading.

"Oh, that's okay. I can put on a movie? I'll find something to watch!" P1 nodded, turning back and crouching down to a basket full of DVDs. I realized I was awkwardly standing there, so I sat in the more colourful chair.

I took in the surroundings a bit. The living room had white walls, an orange wooden ceiling fan that was turned off, and a shaggy grey carpet. In the middle of the room stood a lower table, a few things on the floor like books and paintings, and both of the chairs had little side tables next to them. I noticed that Milo's had a sketchbook and a white mug, it was quite neat. P1's table, next to me, had candy and some other things I could never name. The chair itself was comfortable, yet just a little destroyed with tears and scratches. A lot like the chairs at the library, you just sank into it. I looked to the front of the room, which had a few shelves with paintings and pictures on it, along with a few other decorations, and an old-fashioned television that looked a bit dusty.