Time Together

(helloo!! Enjoy this chapter please!! I should mention I may be taking a break, to see if I can get my motivation back, since the same thing happened with art-)

I opened the church doors for Arthur. He was holding a big cake, and seemed stressed about dropping it. He moved past me, and into the Church. I followed him, and noticed it smelled alot more cigarette-y than usual.

I hummed, holding my arms behind my back as I slowly walked. It was only about the middle of the day, and I already felt a little tired! I had been awake since around five in the morning, though..

Arthur huffed as he set the cake on the white table. Then, he turned to me. I blinked, feeling a little awkward. I didn't like how I couldn't read him, and his emotions, like my other neighbors. I tilted my head.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked, before Arthur could say anything. He looked a little surprised and shook his head. I noticed his hair. It looked nice.

Arthur glanced to the side before answering. "No, no you didn't do anything wrong." He looked a little nervous. "Uh.. I just don't like being alone, and.." his voice got quieter as he trailed off. I smiled.

"Oh, of course I'd love to hang out with my favorite grumpy friend!!" I teased, smiling.

Arthur looked a little offended. ".. ouch." He paused. "What makes you think I'm grumpy? I don't think I'm grumpy."

I tilted my head again and gave him a playful smile. "Well! P1 told me stories about you, and.." I thought for some words that wouldn't get him mad. "He called you irritable, and said you were tired all the time, and-"

Arthur interrupted me by gripping my face, a bit hard, and it kinda hurt. I was definitely surprised, and let out a small yelp. "I'm not anything he said I was." His tone was very threatening, and I nodded. He quickly got his hand off my face, and I gasped for air. He roughly sighed. "Sorry."

I blinked hard and took a minute to process. Arthur was definitely as irritable as P1 had told me, there was no doubt. "No, I'm sorry." I sighed, rubbing my elbow nervously.

Arthur closed his eye, putting two hands up. "Alright, we aren't having a sorry fight," he chuckled. I smiled. "Uh.. I just.. get lonely, and that usually does not lead to good things. I usually have Mr or something with me since he's probably the only other person here except for you and Sophie I can tolerate." He explained, opening his eye and looking back at me. I nodded.

"Well, I still don't mind hanging out then! What do you wanna do?" I asked, putting my hands up. "We can draw, talk, I'm okay with whatever!" I suggested.

Arthur blinked and looked down at the ground for a moment. "Um.. how about we draw? I have some paper and art supplies around somewhere, probably in the supply closet." Arthur then pointed behind him with a thumb. I didn't care to see where he was pointing, and nodded.

"Oh, yes, that's great! Get them!" I smiled bigger, putting my hands on my cheeks. I was excited to finally get to do something with Arthur!

He nodded, and turned around, heading to the top left side of the church. I followed him. He opened a door that looked a bit hidden with a key, and took a breath before opening it.

There was a lot of dust in the small closet, and Arthur coughed as he went inside. I didn't follow him, both because of the dust, and because the closet was cramped.

Arthur looked around, and I waited patiently. He opened a shelf, and grabbed a tin pencil case and a small stack of printer paper. "Here we go," he sighed as he stepped out. "Hold these." He demanded, and then put the supplies in my hand. I nodded, and watched as Arthur turned back around and locked the closet door once again.