Helping at the Arcade

(HSHDJSJS there will be mentions of self harm in this chapter and like descriptions--!! A bit of a darker tone this chapter will have! Be careful and stay safe!

OH AND BY THE WAY P1 WAS KIND OF A THING FOR LIKE PLAYER ONE SICNE HE OWNS AN ARCADE I JUST WANTED TO BRAG ABOUT THAT DETAIL)

.

.

              I had agreed to assist P1 clean up his arcade. I swept a bit, and P1 wiped down his front desk. "Oh, um- do you want some candy when you're done?" P1 asked, looking at me.

              "Oh, yes! I'd love some candy!" I smiled. "Does this look good? I picked up all the trash I could find, too." I set a hand on my hip, looking around the floor. I felt proud.

              P1 nodded. "Sure sure! I have like, a whole shelf of candy back here!" P1 talked quickly, motioning for me to come behind the counter. I did come with him, and my eyes lit up when he opened a cabinet filled with candy. "Usually I make outsiders pay for this stuff, but you're a neighbor, so I don't mind giving you whatever you want!" P1 stood on their tip-toes, browsing through the shelf. The candy bags hung on little hooks.

              "Can I have that bag with the little rainbow things?" I reached up and pointed to a bag. "The skittles. It says Skittles." I mumbled.

              "Oh, yeah! I love love those!" P1 nodded and grabbed them. I happily giggled as they handed the bag to me. "I can help you open it! I have scissors, wait," they offered, before reaching down underneath their desk. They had alot of things under that desk from what I could see. Water bottles, cookies, paper, some sharp things, a few smaller paintings that I figured he got from Milo, and of course candy.

             P1 pulled their hand out with some funny shaped things and cut open the bag. "Skittles are great!" P1 quietly said. I blinked at the bag. What now? I reached a hand in there and tried one. It tasted alright, the texture wasn't as good though. P1 reached into the bag. I noticed how close and cramped we were behind the desk. "I want one!" They said as they pulled a handful of the little candies from MY bag of candy. I squinted at them, but tried not to mind.

              "Wow." I said, turning and looking at the arcade games. "How many are there?" I asked, turning back to P1 who feasted on the Skittles.

              "Im pretty sure, like, 25," P1 coughed, nearly choking on a skittle. "I built a few of them myself." That surprised me. "Oh, boo! I just remembered I have to fix one!" P1 sighed as they threw back their last skittle.

              "Oh, well, if you fix it, it'll be much more enjoyable to play!" I said, trying to cheer up my friend. They nodded and rolled up their sleeves.

              I quietly gasped. So many cuts, my god! "My goodness, P1!" I cried. P1 looked like their soul left their body from shock. The cuts were crusted with something red, a few looked more fresh. They were all over both of his arms. Some had healed into scars, some certainly newer. I felt absolutely awful! And they appeared to go all the way up their arms, past their sleeves.

              "Uh- what?" P1 reached down underneath the desk after rolling their sleeves back down, grabbing a box of tools. I noticed they were shaky.

              "What in World happened to your arms, dude?" I asked, certainly worried. P1 squeezed past me from behind the counter.

              "Nothing. Just- don't worry." P1 had an unusually dark tone. I sighed. "You can play some games! All of them are on." P1 rushed to leave me. They bent down In front of a game, and went to work. I nodded slowly.