Chapter 16

Siya's pov:

"Siya, All your equipment and things are set in the room," Zian told me about the room where I'll be working in.

"Thank You Zian," I smiled happily and then went to the mandir area, to take blessings from God, dadi was also there.

"Where are you going," my mother-in-law came and asked me.

"Vo, I'm again going to start my work," I told her cheerfully.

"So you are saying you are going to work, Do you even know which family's daughter-in-law you are? Deshmukh's Family, and in Deshmukh's family daughters-in-law are not allowed to do these jobs, you are getting everything then what is the use," my mother-in-law said disgusted.

"Ma, it's my dream, to make sculptures and I'll be working in the backyard only," I nervously said to her.

"Ek baat kaan khol kar sun lo, Deshmukh khandan ki bahuye naukri Nhi Karti hai, bs baat khtm hui," she said annoyed and went away.

After some time we all went to the dining room for lunch, Zian was in the room, so it was only Mom, Dadi and Pihu.

"I know Mom, that daughter-in-law of the Deshmukh family doesn't work, but please let me work, I promise I will not do anything which will destroy the Deshmukh's family reputation," I said in one breath.

"I think we already talked about it earlier, and this thing is not decided only by me, everyone in the family wants the same, and what will you get from making these sculptures," my mother-in-law said to me.

"I gave my Wife, permission to work then she can, and no one will stop her," Zian came to the living room.

"Zian," I muttered his name when he stood beside me.

"So now she instigates my son against me," my mother-in-law angrily said looking at me.

"Mom, she doesn't do any such things," Zian said calmly to her mother.

"Zian now you will talk to your mother like this," my mother-in-law said sadly.

"Mom, I'm not, I just want Siya to do what she wants, if it's her dream, then I'll fulfil it," he said trying to make them listen to him.

"But beta no one in the family did something like this," Dadi said to him, calmly.

"That will be so good, for the first time, Deshmukh's family daughter-in-law is going to work," he declared.

"Stop it, Zian it was already decided that she will, not continue doing that work," my mother-in-law angrily announced.

"Then I have also decided that my wife will go and work, let's see who will stop me, and if anyone has a problem with us then tell us now, and we will leave this house," he said and held my hands and took us in the room.

"Zian you shouldn't have done that, Mom must have felt hurt," I said to him.

"Bhabhi, bhai did the right thing," Pihu came and said to me and gave me a side hug.

"Okay, I have work I'm going to the office," he said and went away.

***

I was working on my sculpture when I felt thisty, I forgot to bring a water bottle with me. I quickly washed my hands and marched towards the kitchen.

I heard Dadi was talking to Mom in the living room, "When Siya and Zian are trying to move on from the things that happened then why are you interfering, Do you want them to have a divorce," Dadi said angrily to Mom.

"Why would I want that, Mom," my mother-in-law spoke to Dadi.

"Then what is the problem," dadi asked her.