Chapter 25

Siya's pov:

The oppressive heat enveloped the room, I felt restless beside Zian. "It's so hot, I don't think I can sleep," I said, hoping he'd agree to take it easy and find a way to rest comfortably.

"We could try opening the windows, maybe it'll let in some cool breeze," He suggested, trying to find a solution.

I frowned, "But then the mosquitoes will come in, and we'll be dealing with a different problem. Besides, I don't think there's much of a breeze tonight."

"Yeah, you're right," He reluctantly agreed, knowing that mosquitoes would make things even worse.

We lay there in the dim light, the lack of electricity making it difficult to see each other's faces. "I don't understand why they cut off the power," I said, frustration evident in my voice. "It's like they don't care about our comfort."

"It's probably some maintenance work or an outage. These things happen," he replied, trying to be understanding.

"But it always seems to happen on the worst nights!" I exclaimed, feeling exasperated. "I just want a good night's sleep, that's not too much to ask, is it?"

He reached out and squeezed my hand, "I know, Siya. I wish there was something I could do to fix it for you."

He tried to lighten the mood, "Well, at least we have each other for company. We can talk or play some games to pass the time."

I managed a weak smile, "Yeah, that sounds nice. Maybe it's not so bad after all." we chatted and laughed softly, finding moments of joy amidst the discomfort. Eventually, exhaustion took its toll, and we both dozed off, waking up in the morning, still wrapped in each other's arms.

It was the next day and the light hasn't come yet, We slept, and Zian was only twisting and turning,  I knew that he won't be available to sleep, but still he didn't listen to me.

With the first rays of sunlight filtering through the curtains, I opened my eyes to find him gazing at me with a warm and loving expression. "Good morning, Wifey," he whispered, brushing a strand of hair away from my face.

"Good morning Zian," I replied, feeling a rush of affection for this man who had stayed with me through the challenging night.

He leaned in to kiss me gently, "I know last night was tough, but I'm glad we made it through together."

"Me too," I said, feeling grateful for his presence and love.

"We'll figure out a way to beat the heat next time," he promised.

I chuckled, "Yeah, we'll have to be prepared for the next power outage."

"We'll make it an adventure," he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

As we lay there, tangled in each other's arms, I realized that despite the discomfort and challenges, having him by my side made everything feel bearable and even romantic. It was in these moments of vulnerability that our love shone the brightest.

"Dua Bhi Lage Na mujhe Hawa Bhi Lage Na Mujhe Jab Se light ka cut off hua Hai Neend Raaton Ki Meri Chahat Baaton Ki Meri Chain Ko Bhi Mere light ne Yun Thaga Hai" Antra was singing the song but wait, the lyrics is wrong.

"Lagta hai garmi sir per chadgyi hai tumhare," I said with a laugh and then blow the hand fan on my face, Zian also came into the living room after having a bath and sat next to me.

"What can I do, I just don't want to stay here let's go out," she was saying when the light came and then she screamed in happiness, "Light aaggyi," and ran into her room.