Chapter 36

Zian's pov:

After some time, she lay in bed for a small nap.

"My back started paining, and I felt a heavy kick," she said keeping her hand on the bump and caressing it.

Her face was terrified. She had never been in so much pain, "I could feel my body convulsing with each contraction." she said and clung to my hand, squeezing it so hard that she was sure she was going to break something.

And then, suddenly, she felt a warm gush of liquid between her legs. Her water had broken. She let out a cry of pain and fear, and my face grew even more serious.

"It's okay," I said, my voice calm and reassuring. "We're going to get through this. I'm right here with you."

She nodded, trying to take deep breaths and stay calm. But the pain was getting worse, and "I could feel my body starting to push, even though I know it wasn't the time yet."

I helped her to the car, carefully buckling her into the passenger seat. And then I was behind the wheel, driving as fast as I dared through the streets. We rushed to the hospital as quickly as possible. But even as I spoke, she could feel the baby starting to move down, the pressure building and building until she felt like she was going to explode.

She clung to my hand, her contractions coming faster and faster, each one more painful than the last. She tried to breathe through the pain, but it was getting harder and harder to focus.

"Almost there baby," I said, my voice tight with tension. "Just hold on a little longer."

And then we were at the hospital, pulling up to the emergency room entrance. I helped her out of the car, and we rushed inside, past the startled nurses and doctors.

She was whisked away on a gurney, and I was following close behind. They were taken to a delivery room, where a team of nurses and doctors were waiting for us.

The next few hours were a blur of pain and exhaustion. She pushed and pushed, I was holding her hand, whispering words of encouragement in her ear. 2nd July 2020, 1:22 am was a moment of stunned silence, broken only by the sound of the baby's cries. And then, finally, the baby was born, a tiny, perfect little boy.

She cried tears of joy and relief, and I leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. We were both crying now, tears of joy and relief streaming down our faces. We had done it. We had brought a new life into the world, together.

"You did it," I said, my voice full of pride.
"We did it. We have a Son."
She smiled up at me, feeling a sense of wonder and gratitude that she had never known before.

We had brought a new life into the world, together, and nothing would ever be the same again.

As the nurse went to clean up and checked the baby, Siya was shifted to the room we held each other, marvelling at the miracle that had just taken place. We know that there would be challenges ahead, the two are going to face sleepless nights and endless diaper changes. But in that moment, all we could feel was love and gratitude, for each other and for the tiny, perfect little person we had brought into the world.

The room was quiet, except for the soft hum of the machines and the occasional beep of the monitors. She lay in the hospital bed, exhausted but elated, I was sitting beside her, holding her hand.

And then, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," I called out. The door opened, and a nurse walked in, carrying a small bundle in her arms.

"Here he is," she said, smiling down at the baby. "All cleaned up and ready to meet his parents."

I stood up, my eyes shining with excitement. The nurse carefully handed me the baby, and I cradled the tiny form in my arms, my hands shaking with emotion.