Chapter 22

Zian's Pov:

After finishing my work, when I came back to the cottage, I saw she was sleeping. A smile was on my face seeing her baby face, I caressed her hair, and she stirred a bit.

"You, when did you come," she asked in her sleepy voice when she woke up.

"A few minutes ago, I think you had a refreshing nap and you look energized too," I replied to her.

"Yeah, What's the time," she asked me and rubbed her eyes.

"It's 5 in the evening wanna go out for boating," I asked her.

"Sach me, okay give me five minutes, I'll freshen up," she said rushing towards the bathroom, Lie, lie, lie, I know how much time she'll take.

After making me wait for fifteen minutes she said, "I'm ready," to which I replied with a chuckle, "You shouldn't have said five," but I was awestruck looking at the beauty in front of me, she looked beautiful in both Western and in traditional outfits.

"This was the fastest that I got ready," she said annoyed, "Alright, let's go now," I said and we both went to the lake area.

"I got fat," she said when she wore the Life jacket, I grind and zipped her jacket and she moved to be towards the boat, "careful," I uttered when she was about to slip.

"There are so many fishes, I love the way they came towards us," she said making her eyes widen in amazement.

"Yeah, they are, you like fishes?" I asked her looking at her expression, and then we sat in one of the boats.

"Yes, I like them, once I had two goldfishes one was Goldie and the other one was Pebbles, I called her Pebbles cause she always was on the ground of the glass container, she was cute though, but my favourite was Goldie, she had something that attracted me, I loved her way too much but then I was hospitalized, I was suffering from typhoid and jaundice,  when I came back my fishes were not healthy as they were before, After few days pebbles died, at first I thought, she is laying on the ground like it's her habit, but when she didn't move, my father told me she died. I was not at all fine, I controlled myself not to cry but tears did find their way, after a few days I saw Goldie was also not okay, it looked like she was missing pebbles, so I thought to add a few fishes. But then days were passing by and it was Goldie's birthday, I was playing with her the whole day but the next morning, the unexpected thing happened, Goldie was found dead, she was just a year old and was now dead, I wasn't able to accept the fact, I broke down, my tears didn't stop, my parents consoled me a lot and my dad then buried goldie in our garden, my fishes are gone, their memory lives on," she said and had a tear that flowed from her eyes and she quickly wiped her tears.

"They were lucky to have you as their owner and best friend," I said giving her a side hug. I looked around to see we crossed the half of the lake.

"I think made the mood gloomy," she said with a sad chuckle.

"No, you didn't, btw look at those mountains, it looks beautiful," I said trying to change the atmosphere.

"Yeah, there is snow too, It is my first time seeing snow," she said astonished.

"Then we'll go there after boating," I said and she grinned happily, I tucked her hair which was falling on her face.  A soft song the boatsman was playing.

🎶Khayalon ka shehar
Tu jaane tere hone se hi aabaad hai
Hawayein haatho mein
Wohi hai aate jaate jo tera naam le

Deti hain jo sadayein
Hawayein, hawayein
Na jaane kya batayein
Hawayein, hawayein
Le jaaye tujhe kahaan
Hawayein, hawayein
Le jaaye mujhe kahaan
Hawayein, hawayein🎶