Chapter 1: Like

*EVA'S POV*

My heart beats into my throat as the pit in my stomach grows.

I look around the halls of the new school as i walk.

Are they looking at me?
Are they judging my outfit?
I knew i shouldn't of worn this.
Why am i so weird?

I feel like everyone's eyes are on me, like they are crawling on my skin and eating me alive.

As i turn a corner i bump into a body. I step back and see the entire basketball team infront of me. I can tell because they all have matching jackets and a little basketball on them.

My body freezes as i stare at them with wide eyes.

"Are you new?" A blonde boy tilts his head and i nod slightly.

His smiles widens looking me up and down.

He's judging me.

"I like yo-"

I don't even let him finish his sentence before i walk around them all and continue down the halls.

I quickly glance back around and see the other boys have walked off but the blonde boy is turned around staring at me.

I quickly whip my head back around as my anxiety deepens.

I read the signs in the halls and i find the office. I walk in and to the front desk where an elderly lady looks at me with a smile.

"Hi, lovely, how can i help you?"

I fiddle with the bottom of my shirt breathing deeply.

"Uhm i-it's my first day, i need my schedule and l-locker code."

"What's your name?"

"Eva."

"Yep i've got your things right here."

She hands me two pieces of paper.

"The little paper is your locker and code and then the big one is your timesheet and where you need to go to classes."

"Thank you." I smile gently.

I leave the office and look at my timetable.

Of course i have PE.

I sigh and follow the map that leads to the gym where PE is being held. I walk in where kids are throwing basketballs left right and centre. I hate PE. So much.

I silently walk and sit on the bleachers pulling out my book and begin reading.

I look up slightly and see the blonde boy from earlier with a couple of his friends as they bounce basketballs, better than the rest of class.

"Oi guys i'm going to do a back shot. Watch." He says walking to the middle of court and turns around his back facing the ring.

"Arlo you better not hit us." His friend says.

He throws the ball and it bounces off the ring and comes flying at me. I can't even duck before it hits the side of my head.

I rub my head as tears well in my eyes. I look back on the court where all the boys are looking at me.

~~

"Ha look at poor little Eva crying."

"She's such a pussy, can't even handle being hit in the head."

"She probably can't even afford to go to the doctor."

~~

I watch as the blonde boy, Arlo, comes running up the bleachers.