Chapter 11: Halftime

*ARLO'S POV*

I walk into Hayden's house where me and the boys are all getting ready for our basketball game tonight.

It's been a week since i stayed with Eva and i'm feeling better. I haven't seen either of my parents. I've been avoiding them.

A smile pans onto my face as i see Eva here as she chats with Cora. I didn't even know she was coming. I hope i'm not distracted.

Everyone turns their head looking at me.

"Hey." Hayden nods at me which i return.

I wonder over to Eva wrapping my arms around her shoulders from behind. She turns her head around to me with a small smile.

"Hi."

"Hey." I smile before she looks back at Cora as they talk about some type of school work.

I lift one of my hands and squish her cheeks and her voice goes all funny because of it making me smile.

They continue talking and i hook one of fingers in her mouth just annoying her because i want her attention.

Cora looks at me shaking her head and i just smile dropping my head into Eva's neck. It's my favourite spot.

"We've got to get going." Coen says.

I pull away from Eva and she grabs my hand as we walk out the door to my car since it's the biggest.

I wrap my arm around her shoulder softly rubbing it as i drive and everyone scream-sings to the music.

"Do you still have my jersey to wear?" I ask as i realise she isn't wearing it.

"It's under my jumper."

"Take your jumper off."

"But i'll be cold."

"Take it off."

She sighs pulling off her hoodie at the same time i take off my team jacket and put it on her lap for her to put on.

Now she can wear my jersey and my jacket.

"Thanks." She mumbles.

We pull up to the school as it's a home game. We all get out the car and i link me and Eva's hands as we walk to the gym.

It's basically like we're dating just not kissing. Which kills me.

As soon as we step in the gym Eva freezes and lets go of my hand walking back out the gym.

I furrow my brows and turn around as all the group looks confused too.

"I'll go." I say going past them and back into the halls as Eva is pacing back and forth in the halls with deep breathes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask as i reach her.

She continues pacing and ignores me.

"Sweetheart." I grab her waist pulling her into me. Her eyes snap to me as a tear slips out which i quickly wipe before it kills me.