Chapter 7: The trip

*EVA'S POV*

Me and Arlo sit in science class. I'm taking notes and encouraging to take some but he is just throwing his eraser around on the table as it thumps.

He really can't sit still.

"Oh also kids we have some news." The teacher says everyone now actually listening to her.

"The school trip that was going to be at the end of the year is now moved up to next week. I know it's short news but get your parents to sign the form and all will be good and you can join us on the two night hotel stay in Miami!"

"Miami." Everyone gasps excitedly.

"Are you going to go?" Arlo asks now looking at me.

"Im not sure." I mutter truthfully.

The whole idea of staying in a hotel and going to a new country with my entire year level seems so scary. Especially because my only friend really consists of Arlo and i guess his friends too.

"I'll be there with you if you decide to go."

"Thanks." I smile gently.
"Are you going to go?"

"Probably. I think it would be fun."

~~

One week later, Arlo has convinced me to come on the school trip.

He promised he would be by my side and would take good care of me and i trust him. So i'm going.

I couldn't be more nervous. I feel like i could be sick.

I don't know if it's the flight, leaving my sister alone in the care of my parents, staying in a hotel with a partner i don't know and that's just the beginning of my list.

We walk up the plane as the loud noise gives me anxiety.

"Where's everyone sitting?" Coen asks looking at me, Arlo, Oakley and Hayden.

"I'm sitting with Eva." Arlo chirps up.

"I want to sit with Oakley." Coen says.

"Don't leave me with my fucking sister you idiots." Hayden rumbles.

"You have a sister?" I tilt my head as we walk down the plane for empty seats.

"He has a twin sister." Arlo informs me.

"I want to sit with her." I smile.

"But you we're sitting with me!"

"There's three seats on each side, Arlo, you'll be fine." I hear a feminine voice behind me.

I turn my head and i see a brunette girl. She's got very similar facial features to Hayden so i assume it's his sister.

She's very pretty.

"You must be Eva, i'm Cora." She smiles.

"Nice to meet you." I mutter as Arlo lifts my luggage into the overhead baggage areas.

"Okay so where are we sitting?" Coen furrows his brows.

"Me, Eva and Arlo on one side and you dicks on the other." Cora says casually.

"Sounds good to me." Oakley nods in agreement.

Arlo slides in first sitting next to the window and i sit in the middle so i can talk with him and Cora.

I hope she likes me.

I'm going to try and talk more so hopefully she won't be mean.

"I love your hair." I say as we fasten our seatbelts. She has really long straight hair.