Chapter 70. Change of plans

*There Is going to be a short part of Arias nightmare just a heads up*

Aria POV
"Wake up you filthy little girl." Elizabeth yelled coming into the basement. "M-mom p-please l-let m-me o-out o-of h-here." I begged struggling to stand on my feet because of the brutal beating she gave me just hours ago.

"Don't make me get your father in here to punish you worser than I did." She seethed angrily at me kicking me back down on the floor again. "I'-I'm s-sorry p-please l-let m-me o-out I-it's s-so c-cold I-in h-here."

I tried getting back up so I could escape. She watched me struggle to stand up laughing at me from the corner of the basement. I was shaking from how cold it was my lips turned blue I had bruises all over my face,arms and legs and dried blood on my lips and arms.

I gave up trying to stand up and began to crawl towards the stairs. "Don't try it Aria you aren't going to make it far from me." She taunted me. I managed to climb halfway up the stairs.

Before I felt her belt come down harshly on my back making me cry out in pain. "M-mom p-please S-STOP!" I screamed out when she grabbed my ankles pulling me back down the stairs. "I-IM S-SORRY!"

Caleb POV
I woke up hearing Aria screaming and crying in her sleep. I took the blanket off of her she was shaking really bad her nails digging deep into my skin causing blood to come out of my shoulder.

I turned on the light in the room so I could pick her up. "Shhh daddy's here princess wake up baby." I whispered to her waking her up from her nightmare. She finally woke up gasping for air like she couldn't breathe her nails still digging deep into my flesh.

"Your okay princess daddy's here your awake now." I reminded her trying to calm her racing heart down. "D-da-..." she tried to say but struggled to speak. "Breath princess take nice deep breaths for daddy."

She released her nails from my skin grabbing onto my shoulders seemingly unaware of the blood dripping down my arm. "Your doing good princess just keep taking deep breaths for me."

She continued taking deep breaths while shaking in my arms. I looked at the time on my phone it was 4:28 in the morning. I took her with me into the restroom turning on the tub for us.

I took her sweaty shirt off and underwear picking her back up so we could get into the tub together. Her body immediately relaxed in the warm water she snuffled a few times trying to stop her tears so she could calm down.

She got quiet after she calmed down a little more holding onto me tightly. I washed her hair soothingly and softly letting her relax in my arms.

"D-did I d-do t-this t-to y-you d-daddy?" She asked weakly pointing at the scar on my arm were she dug her nails into. "Don't worry about it princess. You did nothing wrong just relax." I kissed her lips softly whispering sweet things into her ear to calm her down.

"I-I'm s-sorry d-daddy." She apologized kissing my scar softly. I finished bathing her and myself taking her out the bath to get us ready for the day. I put her down on our bed while I went in the closet to get her an outfit and myself.

"Lift your hands up princess." She complied letting me get her dressed and brush her hair for her. I finished getting dressed as well grabbing her hand so we could go downstairs together.

Aaron came right on time knocking on the front door. I opened the door letting them in. Layla ran towards Aria hugging her. "I thought you left already." Aaron said confused because I was still at home.

"I know I had to make sure Aria was okay she had a really bad dream. I called my assistant already to tell George to wait for us to arrive." He looked over at Aria who was standing next to Layla. "Is she okay now?"

I looked over at her she had puffy eyes and her nose was red from crying so much. "I think I'm gonna take her with me today I'm worried about her." She noticed me looking at her I motioned for her to come to me with my hand.

"Well I'm gonna bring Layla with me too. Let's go before were late to the meeting." Layla followed Aaron outside while Aria stood next to me waiting for me to lock the door.

"Come on princess your gonna come with me." I helped her buckle herself into the car before I drove off. She stayed quiet the whole car ride I held her hand squeezing every now and then to reassure her.

When we got to my office George was waiting outside my door waiting patiently for me and Aaron. "Princess stay in my office with Layla until we come back. Don't open the door for anyone." She nodded her head hugging me.

I noticed George looking at her so I closed the door to my office. "Look at me princess." She looked up at me still hugging me.

"Be good for daddy okay princess." I kissed her forehead softly. "O-okay d-daddy I l-love y-you." She said tugging my shirt for me to lean down so she could kiss me.

I gave her one last glance before i left letting Layla come inside before I closed the door. I completely ignored George walking passed him as we walked down the hall to the meeting room.

"I'm sorry but who was that girl you were talking to in your office?" George asked with a sly smile on his face. "None of your business." I answered angrily. "Well I'm gonna make her my busin-.." he was going to say but Aaron stopped him from finishing his sentence.

"If you want to make it out alive from this room I suggest you shut your mouth and forget about seeing either of those girls." George shut his mouth for the rest of the meeting frightened by the both of us.

"You can take back your old job and business I found someone better to do the job I need." I told him which made him angry. "You can't do that I've already made up my mind about working for you." He argued angrily.

"That isn't my problem George I've tested you on three separate occasions before this meeting happened and you failed all of them. Your not worthy enough to work for me." He got out of his seat angrily looking at Aaron as if he was going to change my mind or something.

"Don't look at Aaron he doesn't own my company I do. My decision is final I don't want you for the job. You can leave now and don't even think about slamming my door on your way out I'll snap your wrists in half I can promise you that."

My face was stern and emotionless as I spoke to him showing how serious I was about not wanting him for the job. My emotionless face made him even angrier because he couldn't figure out anything to say.

He was caught red handed trying to steal my money from my account all thanks to Sage noticing it quickly and finally agreeing to work for my company.

He left the room leaving just me and Aaron who was laughing at how scared George looked when he looked at me.

"Well that was funny to watch." He laughed more. "He really thought I was stupid I should have punched when he started talking about Aria." I said fisting my hand.

"Don't get angry now Caleb besides he looked like he was about to piss his pants. I bet if you stood up with your tall ass he would have definitely pissed himself." He laughed even more. "Shut up Aaron let's go home I'm tired of being here."