track twenty-two.

On October 4, 1977 Daisy Jones & The Six performed to a sold out crowd at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois.

"Ladies and gentlemen...Daisy Jones and The Six!" The announcer announced over the loudspeaker.

The band made their way up to the stage, trying not to display the negative energy they all had to the crowd. Stella grabbed her rhythm guitar with her mouth in a thin line, avoiding everyone's gaze apart from the audience's.

It would be their final performance.

They then began playing for the crowd, trying to push aside the million feelings they were all experiencing in order to put on a good show for their loyal fans.

✯✯✯

GRAHAM: If you had told me that morning that it would be our last show (shakes head slowly)...I mean, I would have laughed.

EDDIE: (slowly nods as he looks into the camera).

WARREN: I was just out having such a good time, man. I-I...I didn't want to see it.

KAREN: (licks lips and glances away from the camera).

STELLA: It's crazy how something so great can be ruined just like that (snaps her fingers).

DAISY: (pretends to think).

BILLY: There's still a lot you don't know.

✯✯✯

11:54 AM. 10 HOURS EARLIER

The band had been waiting in the lobby of the hotel they were staying at in Chicago, waiting for Rod to grab the keys to their rooms.

Stella was standing on her own all the way in the back, examining her nails. She and Eddie still hadn't spoken about their argument only because Stella wanted to wait to do talk about it somewhere private, but she could still hear the man complain to Warren about their previous show.

"I saw your fucking grandma, dude. She was having a great time, all right?" Warren told him, which didn't please Eddie whatsoever, as they both walked over and grabbed their keys from Rod.

"Four o'clock, sound check. Four o'clock," Rod said to them both before Karen and Graham walked up to him. "Sound check is at 4:00. Not 4:05, not 4:15. 4:00. Got it?"

"Yes, sir," Graham replied.

Daisy then walked up to Rod and before she could take the key, Rod pulled it away. "What do you think? Is today the day where you don't lose your key?" He asked sarcastically.

"I want you to think about how boring your life would be without me, Rod," Daisy responded, raising her brows.

Rod nodded slowly. "Sound check's at 3:00," he lied, knowing she would get there late and then actually be on time.

Daisy walked past him, rolling her eyes. "I know about Daily Standard Time," she called out from over her shoulder before Simone came running over to, surprising her.

Stella smiled at the two of them reuniting before she stepped up to Rod. He then handed her the key without saying anything. "Nothing to say to me?" She questioned him teasingly.

"Nope. I know you take this seriously enough not to be late," he voiced and she gave him a look. "However, you didn't seem to listen to me when I said look after Roundtree," he added.

She let out a sigh. "I know. We just...got into a little argument so I decided to sleep in the hotel, that's all."

"And you say there's nothing going on there?" Rod teased.