4 : Reclaim Our Former Glory ; Day One of the Games

» edited: 08 | 27 | 2016

[ A/N ]:

and

ive changed my writing format again

but it isnt that major

and i think im going to stick with this writing format :D 

anyways enjoy the chapter :D

× ×

After the elimination rounds were over, team Fairy Tail, and the remaining guilds' teams were allowed rest, since the opening of the Grand Magic Games took place on the very next day. Exhausted, both physically and mentally, nobody said a word as they dove into their beds, quickly falling asleep. Even in our tiredness, we all still anticipated the opening of the Grand Magic Games—even if it was just the opening.

The very next day, everyone had gotten dressed into the uniforms that were specially made for them. All the uniforms had purple, black, or white—but the dominant color was purple.

You were given a coat that looked identical to Erza's, it was lined with white and the Fairy Tail insignia was placed where your heart was. The coat had no buttons, so you resorted to using two black, leather belts; one belt was right below your chest and the other one was above your hips.

You wore a black tank top underneath the coat, so that if in case you had to take the belts off ( or if they were destroyed in the middle of an event ), you wouldn't have to cover up your breasts for the duration of the event—you weren't as bold as most of the girls from Fairy Tail. You wore a short black skirt before putting on black boots that stopped just below your knees. To complete the look, you put on black gloves that ended just below your shoulder.

After everyone had changed into their uniforms, everyone traveled to Domus Flau, the large, ageing battle arena which served as the venue for the entire Grand Magic Games. Fairy Tail, and the remaining seven teams who had passed the elimination rounds waited in a seperate room, and the emcees finally began talking.

"It's that time of year again! The annual magic festival—the Grand Magic Games!" one of the emcees boomed, causing the already loud crowd to create even more ear-deafening cheers.

"That's some cheering," Erza commented, looking at each of us in the eye before she went back to thinking.

Team Fairy Tail, which contained the most idiotic retards in all of the continent, was quiet—the silence was unnatural, as Gray and Natsu would have been trying to kill each other by now. Instead, the two boys were being behaved for once, and it was affecting the moods of everyone.

"I didn't realize there were so many people," Lucy said, letting out a forced chuckle as she tried to initiate a conversation. It didn't work—poor Lucy.

"I don't like this outfit," Natsu suddenly whined, pulling on his scarf.

Gray crossed his arms, about to speak up his mind about Natsu's behavior, but he suddenly decided against it, and instead stared at the floor.

"No time to whine," Lucy replied, "Master said we had to wear matching colors. Plus it isn't that bad—purple looks good on you!"

Lucy, just shut up and make out with Natsu already. At this point, it's so painfully obvious to the point of cringing. It was cute at first, but now it only got on your nerves. Please don't delude yourself by saying that you and fire dimbo are "just friends", for your convenience—and for ours.

"I like mine, I think it's cute," Erza said, with a glint of admiration in her eyes as she stroked the soft fabric of her coat with her armored hand.