5 : Hidden ; Day One of the Games

» edited: 08 | 28 | 2016

× ×

"And now let's begin with the opening game: Hidden!" Chapati boomed, "You may now choose who among your members will participate!"

Everyone began comtemplating as to who would participate in the game while the emcee announced the participants from the other guilds. You noticed Gray was staring at another guild—Lamia Scale, specifically, at one of the members: Lyon Vastia.

The two Ice-Make Wizards shared a history together; both being disciples under the same Ice-Make Wizard, who had died trying to protect the two males when they were still young. The two stopped talking to each other for a short while after that, and only recently, they started talking again.

It had been announced that Lyon was the one to represent his guild, and when Gray found out, he suddenly spoke up. "If Lyon's playing, then I'll do it."

He received a nod of approval from Erza, and since nobody went against his decision ( Natsu remained quiet ), Chapati had announced it officially, for the rest of the crowd to hear.

"From Fairy Tail A Team: Gray Fullbuster!!"

The only team that hadn't decided who their participant was going to be was the Fairy Tail B Team. The members of Fairy Tail A Team all watched intently, curious as to who they would choose.

"If Gray-sama is in it, then so is Juvia!" the Water Mage had suddenly exclaimed, jumping up and down to catch the attention of the other members. Mirajane nodded in approval, her usual warm smile present.

"From Fairy Tail B Team: Juvia Lockser!!"

The pumpkin mascot from the elimination rounds the other day had appeared in the center of the battlefield, gesturing the participants to come over by waving his short, tiny arms around. The wizards all crowded around the tiny thing, looking down as they listened to whatever he had to say.

In the midst of their conversation, a town began to materialize around them, taking up the entire arena, but leaving the stands alone. The people in the stands gazed in wonder as buildings formed, looking realistic to the point it was scary. When the town had finished forming, all the remaining members were already at their designated stands, watching.

"Everyone please enjoy what's going on via Lacrima Vision. The participants don't know what the others are doing—the rules of 'Hidden' are simple. Everyone is both the hider and the seeker!" Chapati said.

"You have to find each other in this town. You may use any magic to deliver the final blow! It doesn't matter whether you inflict damage or not, the person who attacks gets one point!" Chapati futher explained.

True to his word, the participants were all scattered around different areas of the town, and they were all looking around, all equally confused—except for the Sabertooth member, who remained indifferent despite participating in the very first event of the Grand Magic Games.

Were all Sabertooth members like that? you wondered.

There were loud gasps coming from the crowd, and the other guilds, and, the once barren town ( save for the participants ) was suddenly being filled with clones. The clones looked identical to the person they were trying to imitate, the only difference being that the clones were unable to move.

"There are copies of all the different participants, if you attack a copy, then you lose a point!" the emcee finished, "Now let 'Hidden' begin!"

» time skip

"Goddamnit," you cursed, slamming your fist against the wooden table. You, and the rest of Fairy Tail were at the local bar; everyone was having the time of their lives, drinking, while you thought back to the events that had taken place on the first day of the games.