Antonio

It was a very successful trip. We made some deals in Miami and we had a great time as well.
Though it was all great, I missed my girl. This was my first trip since we brought Alina home. I got her a bunch of stuff I'm sure she's going to love.

We've just landed in New York when I get a notification. It's a voice message from my wife.

Thinking nothing of it, I turn up the volume and play it.

"Tony, help. It's the Russians, they're here. One of the guys shot a scout. It's just me, Roman, and Allie. The twins are out. I'm scared. Please hurry. I sent the kids to the safe room, I'm on my way there now. I have the men all around the penthouse but I need you. Please. I love you more than anything and I'll fight, I promise."

It cuts out.

I'm frozen. I don't even know what to do. I'm useless from up here.

I look at my sons and they're in the same state I'm in.

"Fuck!" I yell.

"I need to make a call." Alessandro angrily says. "He'll be able to help."

The phone rings and he puts it on speaker.

"So now you call?"

"Not now Isaac. Alina is in danger. The Russians are at the penthouse. I don't know what your relationship is to them, but help my sister. Please."

"We're on our way. The twins are with my brothers. We'll meet you there."

"Thank you."

He ends the call.

"I'll tell you later." He says.

The jet's door opens revealing our car on the tarmac.

We rush out and speed out of the airport. I don't know how long ago that message was sent, I just know I have to get back home now.

I speed through the streets of New York City. The authorities can't do shit to me.

"Elevator or stairs?" Luca asks.

"Elevator." I answer.

It may seem stupid but when you live as far up as we do it's a shorter route to take.

As soon as we're in our garage we race into the elevator and when the doors open into the main room, my blood runs cold.

There's bodies everywhere. I don't see Bianca, Roman, or Alina.

I don't even know what to do with myself. My family is gone.

"Dad?"

I turn my head to see Roman. His cheeks are stained with tears and there's blood on him.

I rush to him and hug him probably harder than I ever have.

"I thought I lost you."

"I'm right here Dad. We'll talk later but just follow me, please."

We follow him towards my bedroom and that's when I see it. My wife lies unconscious in our bed. Her cheeks are stained with tears and there's blood on the pillow.

I rush to her and take her limp body into my arms.
My love. My light. My life. I'm so sorry.

"What happened?" I ask, my voice breaking.

Roman steps out of the embrace of his brothers.

"They were in the living room watching a movie. I was playing video games in another room. I heard a crash and I grabbed the gun from your office and ran to the source. There wasn't any noticeable damage but mom said to take Allie to the safe room anyway. Before she could finish we heard a gunshot and I ran. Not long after mom joins us and we just waited. Soon we heard yelling and gunfire and I was so scared dad. I had Allie crying in my arms asking where you were Dad. We were so scared. Mom stood between us and the door until it died down. Even then we knew it wasn't over. Mom heard footsteps and told me to go into the cupboard cause no one knew I was home. James opened the door and mom and Allie stepped out. It was a trick and the Russians led them away. I stayed here until I was sure everyone was gone. I made my way towards where I knew they were and I found all the bodies. Mom unconscious in the center of it all. She's bleeding cause she was hit with the back of a gun."