6| I BECOME THE SUPREME LORD OF THE BATHROOM(PT 5)

She rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, "I can't believe I thought you were the one."
"What's your problem?" I was getting angry now. "All I know is, we kill
some bull guy—"
"Don't talk like that!" Annabeth told me. "You know how many kids at
this camp wish they'd had your chance?"
"To get killed?"
"To fight the Minotaur! What do you think we train for?"

" I'm so sorry, it was really wrong of me to say that in sorry Percy Celeste" annabeth said looking regretful

I shook my head. "Look, if the thing we fought really was the Minotaur, the
same one in the stories..."
"Yes."
"Then there's only one."
"Yes."
"And he died, like, a gajillion years ago, right? Theseus killed him in the
labyrinth. So..."
Stupid..." i heard Celeste mutter under her breath
"Monsters don't die, Percy. They can be killed. But they don't die."
"Oh, thanks. That clears it up."
"What she means to say is that they don't have souls, like you and me." Celeste explained looking at annabeth for confirmation who nodded at added

"You can dispel them for a while, maybe even for a whole lifetime if you're lucky. But they are primal forces. Chiron calls them archetypes. Eventually, they re-form."
I thought about Mrs. Dodds. "You mean if I killed one, accidentally, with
a sword—"
"The Fur...I mean, your math teacher. That's right. She's still out there.
You just made her very, very mad."

"She's still mad at you perce i find her mad even now when I visit, Alecto tends to hold grudges" Celeste said looking clearly amused as if transferred to the memory of her recent visit.

"How did you know about Mrs. Dodds?"
"You talk in your sleep."
"You almost called her something. A Fury? They're Hades' torturers,
right?"
Annabeth glanced nervously at the ground, as if she expected it to open
up and swallow her. "You shouldn't call them by name, even here. We call
them the Kindly Ones, if we have to speak of them at all."
"Look, is there anything we can say without it thundering?" I sounded
whiny, even to myself, but right then I didn't care. "Why do I have to stay in
cabin eleven, anyway? Why is everybody so crowded together? There are plenty of empty bunks right over there."
I pointed to the first few cabins, and Annabeth turned pale. "You don't
just choose a cabin, Percy. It depends on who your parents are. Or...your
parent."
She stared at me, waiting for me to get it.
" Our mom is Sally Jackson," I said. "She works at the candy store in
Grand Central Station. At least, she used to."
"I'm sorry about your mom, Percy. But that's not what I mean. I'm
talking about your other parent. Your dad and whoever your parents are Celeste."
"He's dead. I never knew him."
"Both of mine are dead, killed."
Annabeth sighed. Clearly, she'd had this conversation before with other
kids. "Your father's not dead, Percy nor is one of your parents celeste." Celeste looked pained at the prospect.
"How can you say that? You know him?"
"No, of course not."
"Then how can you say-"
"Because I know you. You wouldn't be here if you weren't one of us."
"You don't know anything about me." Celeste says headtedly

"Im sorry Annie it's just that-" Celeste says before getting cut of by annabeth " nah it's alright besides i know how much you hate when people pretend to know everything and anything about you" she says emphasizing the word people , everything and anything while glaring pointedly at the witches and wizards in the room.
"No?" She raised an eyebrow. "I bet you moved around from school to school. I bet you were kicked out of a lot of them."
"How—"
"Diagnosed with dyslexia. Probably ADHD, too."
I tried to swallow my embarrassment. "What does that have to do with
anything?" Celeste asks.
"Taken together, it's almost a sure sign. The letters float off the page
when you read, right? That's because your mind is hardwired for ancient
Greek. And the ADHD—you're impulsive, can't sit still in the classroom. That's your battlefield reflexes. In a real fight, they'd keep you alive. As for the attention problems, that's because you see too much, Percy,Celeste not too little.Your senses are better than a regular mortal's. Of course the teachers want you two medicated. Most of them are monsters. They don't want you seeing them for what they are."

"You sound as if from experience " Celeste said it wasn't a question. It was a statement, she was asking for confirmation.
"Most of the kids here did. If you weren't like us, you couldn't have survived the Minotaur, much less the ambrosia and nectar."
"Ambrosia and nectar."
"The food and drink we were giving you to make you better. That stuff would've killed a normal kid. It would've turned your blood to fire and your bones to sand and you'd be dead. Face it. You're a half-blood."
A half-blood.

"You are a half blood celeste- your mum,lily potter was a muggle born and your father, james potter was a pureblood."

Celeste laughs, it wasn't her usual sweet one but rather a laugh full of mirth,

"My, my i haven't laughed this well in a while" she says while smiling sadist
Riki just looks at her with his eyebrows raised, feeling his gaze,she turns her head to look at him shrugging and snuggling closer to him.

Riki gets startled by something rough touching his skin, he glances at what it was. It was Celeste's hand wrapped in bandages.
"What the fuck" he murmurs.

Percy turns to look at him in surprise, it isn't often that Riki swears, he glances at celeste who looks sheepish.

"Este what happened here?" He asks with his voice filled with rage.

This had clearly gained the attention of the other people in the room. The demigods near celeste gather around their couch to see what had made their usually non swearing person to swear. A certain toad goes pale while the witching world too watches with curiosity.

"Bae, what happened here?" Piper asks.
"Nothing pipes it's nothing" celeste replies while smiling and looking at umbridge pointedly. Percy notices her gaze to find her looking at a ugly toad looking, pink wearing woman. He looks at Riki pointedly telling him to ask Celeste to remove her bandages.

"Star bandages please," Riki said, as calm as he could be. Riki didn't like seeing people hurt, he knew if no one was hurt or ill it would make him useless but he'd rather be useless than someone be hurt or sick.