Chapter 11: July 12th + July 31st, 1993

The worst day of my life is when I was born. There has never been anything to celebrate in my mind, I'm simply one year closer to dying, whatever age that may be at.

I've been an orphan since a child, and Remus did the best he could, but as a child, sometimes all a girl wanted was her mummy or daddy. But this year was different, I had both my dad's and my friends, even though Ron and Hermione couldn't come due to Sirius being hidden. They still each sent me a letter and a gift.

Ron had sent me some chocolates, and Hermione sent me a few books she believed I would enjoy, and I did. I read all three of them the night before my birthday. As some might say, sleep is for the weak.

"Y/n! Wake the fuck up!" I groan trying to use my pillow as earmuffs as who I assume is Harry is shouting for me to wake up. "It's your birthday, Y/n!" He snatches the pillow from my hands and hits me over the head with it.

"Alright! Alright!" I shout, swatting him and his evil pillow away, "Get out so I get can get dressed!"

"Fine, but you better not fall asleep again, or the evil pillow and I will be back!" He states pointing at the pillow and I chuckle, "Alright, I'll be down in a moment." I confirm and he squints his eyes at me from behind his round glasses as he slowly leaves the room, shutting the door behind him.

I slowly climb out of bed, with what feels like my knee's creaking with each step as I change into a pair of low-rise jeans, and a crop top that reaches just at the hem of my jeans and match it with my white converse. I hum to myself a song that had recently gotten its way into my head as I hop carefully down the stairs.

When I reach the last step, a large explosion goes off and pieces of confetti falls into my hair and all around me. Dear gods, what have they done.

My jaw drops when I see a stack of presents next to two large cannons at the end of the steps, along with lots of birthday decorations in my favorite colors.

"Oh my gods!? How did I sleep through you guys setting this up!?" I exclaim with a chuckle, Dad walks over to me smiling, gently plucking the confetti out of my hair. "You would be surprised what you can sleep through, but it's your first birthday with just me! Did you expect any less." He laughs.

Yes, yes, I did actually. Remus knows that I'm not a big fan of birthdays yet makes me celebrate mine regardless. "Happy Birthday Lil' pads!!" Sirius exclaims loudly, hugging me tightly and in the process hugging Remus as well.

I laugh and push out of both their grips and rush into Harry's arms, wrapping my own around him as a thank you. "Come along darling, you must open this present from me quickly!" Sirius exclaims, grabbing my wrist and dragging me over to a small, wrapped box that has what seems to be pencil holes stabbed in it.

Rather than pondering it much longer, I take a seat on the sofa and open the small box. And when a small little pink animal looks up at me, I just about pass out from joy.

"Oh, my fucking gods!"

"Y/n!" Dad scolds me but I ignore him as I scoop the small ball of fluff out of the box, "What the bloody hell is that?" Harry asks, his face written with confusion. "It's a pygmy puff! I always wanted one as a child, but Remus always said no! I shall name you Poof!" I smile, holding the little lass up to my face. Poof makes a sound that sounds like a purr as she snuggles up to my face.

"Now Y/n, she is a big responsibility-"

"Remus dear, let's not bother her with the whole responsibility talk right away. We can have that conversation later, in the meantime finish opening the rest Y/n!" Sirius smiles and I smile back at him, "Thank you so much! I love her already," I giggle, petting the small creature's head.