♔︎Chapter 21: Harry Potter and the Hungarian Horntail♔︎

"Now! For our fourth and final champion, Harry Potter!!" A male voice announces booming over the crowd. I look over at Ron with eyes wide, "It's already Harry's turn? What happened to the others?"

"What are you on about N/n? Diggory transfigured a rock into a dog, Delcour put the dragon to sleep, and Krum casted a spell in its eye. Were you not paying attention? It was bloody gruesome, the dragon lit Fleur's skirt a blaze." He smirks, recalling the previous events that I can't seem to remember. 

I must have zoned out, but for that long? That can't be right. How long has it been? I look up from the ground to see Harry walking out of Champions entrance, the stadium around me chanting his name over and over. 

I watch as he breathes heavily, looking around for the gold egg, AT the moment his eyes land on it he walks towards it only for him to be stopped by the large tail of a dragon. The air from the rubble around him sends him towards the ground, landing hard next to a rock.  

The dragon uses its talons to lift himself high off the ground, the horntail then inhales a deep breath, exhaling fire from his lungs. I put a hand over my mouth in shock and lean into Nevilles shoulder, in pure terror for what could become of Harry.

 Luckily Harry escapes the flames and runs towards a large rock towards the egg, in an attempt to climb it. With the Dragon tethered to the ground using a chain it couldn't go far while trying to catch flight. But it does give it a better opportunity to use his tail against Harry once again. 

Harry dodges it again, this time rolling down the stone but the second time the dragon swings its tail, it makes contact with Harrys back, throwing him into a stone farther away from where his goal is to be. 

"Come on Harry..." I whisper, watching the Dragon lift himself higher off the ground before landing with a loud roar. Harry looks over at me from the spot behind a rock and gives me a nod of reassurance. As soon as Harry stands and seeks cover elsewhere the Hungarian horntail releases another breath of fire. 

"Use your wand, come on Harry." I say, loud enough for only Neville to hear me. "Your wand Harry!! Use your wand you idiot!!" Hermione shouts at the top of her lungs, which would have made me laugh in different circumstances. 

"Accio Firebolt!" He points his wand into the air, before seeking better coverage from the horntail who is now headed his way. I snatch the binoculars from Rons hands and look around in the sky for his firebolt.

"Look! There it is!" I point towards the broomstick, now flying towards Harry. Harry ducks behind the rock behind him as the dragon engulfs the entire thing in flames, I hiss looking down at my wrist, feeling sudden pain where my bracelet lies. I look down at my wrist to see nothing there, besides the material now a shade of red. 

I look back over to Harry, to see the twin bracelet of mine to be shining as well. 

Our bracelets must be charmed... 

Cool.

Harry jumps off the edge of the stone where he had hidden and lands perfectly on his firebolt, everyone cheering loudly, he ducks forward on his broom and reaches out for the golden egg. But he gets stopped by the horntail dragon. 

He swerves away from the blazing flames and exits out of the ring; the dragon attempts to follow after him but gets stopped by the heavy chain around its neck.

The dragon tugs at the chain one time and it shatters into several small pieces, "What the hell!?" I shout, gripping the rail in front of me tightly. "He's got this Y/n... I hope." Neville gulps. The dragon chases after Harry as he dives under the teacher and staff section, tearing the tent and wood above them in half.