♔︎Chapter 20: Malfoy the Ferret♔︎

"You've got to tell him N/n," Hermione says standing next to my bed, adjusting her tie. "He's got other things to worry about besides some schoolgirls crush, 'Mione." 

"But you're not just a schoolgirl! Not to him, you could never be just anyone to him. He cares for you, more than you realize." She argues, turning to face me. I sigh, getting up from my bed and adjust my own appearances in the mirror between our beds. 

"I don't wish to speak on this anymore... Let's just go." She nods in response and wraps her arm around my shoulder, not saying a word on our way out of the common room. 

***

Potter stinks.

 That's what the pins keep spinning into every time Harry walks past them. "I can't believe this! Whose idea was it!?" I exclaim, speaking to Neville. "I heard it was Malfoys," He whispers quietly, looking down at his shoes.

"This is horrible, he's having a hard enough time as is." I state, "Personally, I don't believe the lad deserves this treatment." I turn my head to the voice behind me, "Oh 'ello Cedric." 

"Y/n, Longbottom." He smiles softly at the both of us. "Hey... I'll catch up with you later N/n," Neville presses a friendly kiss to my check, "Alright, later nevy. " I smile and fist bump him as he trudges off.

"How are things going Y/n? tragic about that mate of yours, how's he taking it?" He asks me, sitting down on the piece of concrete beside us. "Okay I guess," I mutter, not wanting to speak to him about Harry. 

"He didn't do it, you know? Put his name in the goblet," I state, picking at the cuticle of my nails. "I surely hope he didn't, that this is all some game someone is playing." Cedric says, grabbing my hands and pulling me down to sit in front of him. 

"Still do that, eh?" He asks, putting his hands over mine. "Sometimes, I suppose." I nod slowly looking down at his hands over mine, wishing I could run away from this situation. 

"It's alright, I've still got some of that oil I sued to put on them way back, it's in my dorm. I'll get it to you, sound good?" He smiles gently at me, and I return the gesture, "Yes, thank you."

"Has Harry spoken to you yet by the way?" I ask, hoping he would have told Cedric about the Dragons. "No, why do you ask?" Cedric questions, just be I give a response I see Harry pushing his way through students.

Some whispering, others point and laughing as their pins spin from Cedric to Harry. I watch as two kids stand in his way of the entrance laughing, I look at Cedric solemnly as Harry makes his way over. 

"Can I speak with you?" Harry asks Cedric, glancing over at me, gently reaching out for my hand. I place my hand in his and smile at Cedric before the both of us follow him. 

"Dragons. The first task is dragons, they've got one for each of us." Harry speaks quickly, gently squeezing my hand. A warmth creeping across my cheeks. 

Cedric looks at me then back to him, "Are you serious?" His expression grim. "And um, Fleur and Krum, do they know?" Cedric ponders and I look over at Harry who nods. "Yes, I found them before you." 

Just as Harry starts to walk away, me following him but Cedric stops us, "I asked them not to wear the badges, didn't bode well..." 

"Right..." Harry mutters, he glances at me before letting go of my hand. "Later Y/n," I nod, and he waves in return. I watch as Harry walks quickly ahead of me, "Harry!? What is it with you? I know your stressed and everything but-"