13: Tracing

(23rd of October) Monday evening makes me feel more relaxed than I did during the whole half term. It's when you recognise that nothing was as bad as you were dreading it to be. We are all sat in the common room, on the sofas by the fireplace. We find that people begin leaving the common room earlier when we are there. Maybe because its beginning to get quite cold, and we usually take up all the seats by the fire. There are other sofas scattered around the room, but people like to be by the fire, therefore once they see us here, they usually go back to their dorms.

I'm sat next to Mattheo once again, I purposefully put myself in these situations, and I'm pretty sure he does too whenever he gets the chance. I'm sat leaning against the arm rest, and he sat sprawled out next to me, with his arm along the back of the sofa. It's a pretty usual night for us, we just sit and talk. Mattheo has definitely found his place in the group now. He was close with Draco before, being roommates with Enzo brought him closer in, and now him and Theo are becoming even closer than he was with Draco. And of course, the ongoing situation-ship with me.

"He is so biggoted I cant even get my head around it." Enzo says, referring to Marcus Flint.

"Yeah and his teeth are fucked up a bunch." Theo replies.

"I met him in the halls the other day and he stuck out his hand our for me to shake it." Mattheo joins in. "He was like; "Marcus Flint, and you are?" mimicking his nasally voice.

"You know who really grinds me though." Pansy says, turning to face me. "Hannah Abbott."

"Absolute twat." I reply instantly, sitting forward. My right knee is now touching his left, which he has up on the edge of sofa beside me. I see Enzo looking at the contact, then he look up at me and smiles. I throw him a look that says. "Shut the fuck up."

"Another wrongly accused Hufflepuff."

"There is plenty of those." I say, referring to my brother.

"We couldn't go on all day," Draco says. "Most annoying person in potions class, on three." He begins counting. When he gets to three we all shout "Granger!" in unison.

I lean back, forgetting about Mattheo's arm already behind me. The back of my neck hits his arm. I see him shuffle out of the corner of my eye, then face me and flash me a smirk. We continue with the conversation. To everyone else, it would look like I'm just sat there and his arm happens to be behind me. However, I can feel him begin to trace his fingers on my shoulder.