19: Leaves

(03rd of November) It's Friday, period 4 and we all have our first Divination lesson. Divination was an optional subject, which none of us took beforehand. Now McGonagall has decided to make it compulsory until Christmas, since so little people in our year have actually done it before. Trelawny is the only Divination teacher and apparently she is totally insane.

Her classroom is at the very top of one of the tallest towers in the school, and I can hear excessive groans from everyone around me.

"Why is she so fucking far up?" Draco moans.

"To be closer to the beautiful sky and the luscious heavens." Theo replies, in a calming voice, waving his hands around in a spiritual fashion.

We eventually get there and are told to sit in pairs at each table. Each row of seating is slightly raised from the one in front. The tables are circular and sit on the row in front of you, meaning you sit on the floor. We are one of the last groups there, leaving me and Pansy to sit front and center, Enzo and Draco to sit behind us, and Theo and Mattheo at the end of their row.

They were right. Trelawny is batshit crazy.

We have to drink tea. That's literally the only instruction we have been given, to drink tea and talk amongst ourselves. Me and Pansy turn around, to face Enzo and Draco.

"What the fuck is this?" Draco says quietly.

"We are having a 'chit-chat'." I reply. Pansy begins to giggle and Enzo rolls his eyes at me. No one will ever let him live that down. I can see Theo and Mattheo talking out of the corner of my eye. Eventually she tells us to turn back to the front.

"Now children, look at the leaves in the bottom of your cup, and cross refence them to your textbooks, it will reveal your future." Trelawny says, beginning to float around the room. Enzo is trying to finish his cup of tea excitedly and Draco is looking at him like he's a total freak.

Trelawny ends ups right in front of our table and looks at me hopefully. I'm not really sure how to respond. "Give me the cup girl." She eventually says, holding her hand out. I reluctantly hand it over and she stares into the bottom before pursing her lips and looking back at me.

"I don't think you would want me to say." And with that, she moves onto the next table.

I turn around again to face them. "What a crazy bitch." I sigh, then pick up Enzo's cup before he has a chance to look at it. "Holy shit Enzo, you've got the grim."

"What!... No give me that." He frantically snatches it back off me and looks inside the cup, scared. Then he realizes I'm messing with him and looks up at me, bored.

"Yeah and it also says gullible on the fucking ceiling." Pansy says, then turns back around to look at her cup.

I watch Trelawny float to Mattheo, then pick up his cup and smile at him. "You've got luck ahead of you boy. Very soon, your hopes will become a reality." She turns to face me, smiles at me for a prolonged amount of time and moves onto Theo's cup.

Pansy spins round and looks at me confused. Mattheo is also looking me now. As I look back at him, Enzo leans forward to whisper something.

"Crazy bitch knows what she's talking about huh?"