33: Kill The Mood

(11th of December) It's Monday afterschool and our Herbology tasks are due at the end of the week. I've done little to nothing. I've monitored the plant and written notes. However no detail has been included and no essays have been written. I was going to ask Pansy to do it with me but I'm pretty sure her and Theo did them the other day. Now I thought my best bet was Mattheo, since he is actually smart, plus it means spending time with him.

I'm sat on his bed in his dorm, and he's sat at the desk. I'm pretending that I'm writing, but I'm actually scribbling stars around the couple of lines I wrote about 10 minutes ago. I don't think he is writing either because I feel like his eyes are on me.

"How's your essay going?" He asks eventually.

"Brilliant." I reply, knowing I haven't even finished the first paragraph. I look at him. He shows me his blank piece of paper, then I flip my pad around to show him my starry night. I throw the pad onto the floor and flop back on his bed. He joins me, and l lays beside me on my right. We both stare at the ceiling for a bit, then he turns and lays on his side.

"What are you staring at?" I say in disgust.

"You."

"Freak." I sit up and turn to face him.

He lets out a slight laugh and props himself up on his elbows to reach me. I meet him halfway with a kiss, and push him back down.

It doesn't take too long before Enzo walks in. "Shit, sorry."

I can't see him because I've got my back to the door. None of us move, I just pull back from the kiss.

"How about you knock?" Mattheo says, still looking at me.

"How about you lock it." He replies. "It's my room too."

I spin my head around to see him facing away from us, also with his eyes covered. I sigh and roll my eyes, then clamber off Mattheo to sit upright on the left side of the bed. Mattheo also sits up.

"You can turn around, we are fully clothes Enzo." I say.

"Yeah well are you still on him or have you moved?"

"I've moved." I says reassuringly, making Mattheo grin.

He turns back to face us, with his eyes still covered. He peeks through a gap in his fingers, sees we have stopped and he moves his hand down. He stands there for a second and then remembers what he needs. "Oh, I need my notes for the potions thing." He walks over to the desks and begins shuffling around. We watch him as he looks, unsuccessful.

He's obviously killed the mood because he's taking so long so I get up and help him look. Eventually I find them, right on top of the while pile and hand them over. He takes them and looks back and forth between me and Mattheo. "I'm gonna go."

"Okay." I say, waiting for him to leave. He turns around at walks out the door, slamming it shut behind him. I walk to Mattheo's desk and reach into my bag, pulling out my packet of cigarettes. Mattheo sees them and then jumps up and goes to the balcony. I join him, and light one.

"Maybe we should lock the door next time." He says.

"Probably for the best." I say, exhaling the smoke and passing him the cigarette. "However that was extremely funny to watch him squirm."

He laughs at me, then places his hand on top of mine.