32: Cupboards

(08th of December) We have all collectively decided to skip divination. Enzo protested initially but gave in towards the end once we all took the piss out of him.

"It's total bullshit." Draco says.

"Yeah and she is fucking nuts." Pansy replies.

"You just have to believe in something like that for it to work." Enzo adds.

"Anyone would think you are going religious or something Enzo." I say back.

We are all walking together in the corridors, heading for the common room. Mattheo is walking beside me, with one hand around me on my waist. We are walking at the back of the pack so no one has made a comment yet. After seeing my shoulder he is being extremely careful around it, and keeps asking if it hurts still. Pomfrey gave me some funny potion, and by the morning it didn't hurt, even though the bruise was still there. She said I have dislocated it from the impact, but popped it back in myself without knowing. Probably all the adrenalin going through me when I was hanging. It's very quiet in the corridors, everyone else is in lessons. When suddenly someone shouts at us from behind. "Stop!"

"Filch!" Draco shouts.

Everyone begins to run, laughing together. Filch also begins to run behind us, making it even funnier.

"Students in the corridors!" He continues shouting.

"Split up." Theo says, running through the middle of us and grabbing Pansy's hand to lead her in a different direction.

Mattheo grabs my arm instantly. I don't know where the rest of them go, but Mattheo leads me right, down a flight of stairs. I turn around to see Filch chasing us, instead of following the others. The stairs will slow him down, he's a lot older than I thought he was.

"Fuck." Mattheo exclaims.

"Run faster." I tell him.

He drags us around the corner, pushing on doors until finally one opens. We rush inside and I slam the door shut. I push Mattheo further in, against a wall at the back. He's still laughing and I don't want to get caught so I slam my hand over his mouth. He's smiling, I can feel it under my grasp. Even though he is looking at me, I don't make eye contact with him because I know he will laugh more, and I'll start laughing too. Instead we wait patiently for Filch to pass the door.

"Students! Students!" Filch continues saying as he runs past the door, still trying to chase us down. Eventually it all goes silent and I remove my hand from Mattheo's mouth. I look at him now, I don't think he took his eyes off me once during the whole wait.

"Your pretty." He says.

"That's disgusting." I reply.

He laughs at me. "I'm not kidding."

"Neither am I."

It goes silent for a minute while we just stare at each other. Eventually I move both hands to the sides of his face and I smash my lips into his.