Prologue.

So this is my first Werewolf story. Sorry if it sucks.

Vote.

Comment.

Fan.

-- Avery

_______________________________________________________________________________

Prologue:

~2007~

"Now I need you boys to be on your best behavior, alright?"

Alice, Parker's mom, asked politely. She was afraid that if it had been said any other way that Luke would start to cry again.

And if Luke cried, Parker cried. Especially in a situation like this.

Parker and Luke were in the backseat of Alice's car, with Parker's dad, Jacob, driving. They were on their way to a funeral.

Nina's funeral.

Nina had had cancer for a while and she had decided to stop the chemo. She didn't tell anyone except her husband what she had decided.

It took her all of three months to whither away into almost nothing before she passed away peacefully in her sleep.

Luke was wearing one of Parker's old suits because he had none of his own, and Parker also had one of his own suits on. All black of course.

Jacob was wearing something quite similar to Parker and Luke while Alice wore a long black dress that passed her knees.

Luke's father, John, had left a few hours earlier to help set up. Luke wanted to go with him, but was denied his request.

This had made him cry which, in turn, had made Parker cry.

***

**

*

Walking up to the casket, Luke wiped the tears from his eyes. Be strong, he told himself. She wouldn't want you to be this way.

But Luke could no longer help it. He had held these emotions in for so long. This was, and always will be, a touchy subject.

There are so many things that are going through his head right now.

About how he could have visited her more in the hospital instead of being with Parker.

How he could of been nicer to her and gotten into less arguments. How he could have said I Love You more to Nina.

But none of that really mattered now. Luke would never get to fix it. He would never get to appologise for all those times he was mean or rude to her. It doesn't matter now.

Because Luke would never get to see or talk to his mom again.

***

**

*

~2012~

Parker's POV

"It's happening again...isn't it mom?" I looked up at my mother, looking her in the eyes silently begging her to say no.

I would give anything for her to say I was wrong.

She looked down and whispered, almost incoherently, but I could hear it. "Yes. I'm afraid that it has gotten worse."

I sighed and glanced back over to the couch that Luke was passed out on. Last night he came over really late. He was knocking frantically on the door asking us to hide him again.

He was bleeding pretty badly and he could barely stand up but I couldn't say no. He's my best friend.

After we had cleaned hhim up he went directly over to the couch and blacked out. Ever since his mom died, his dad would beat him. But it's not like most abusive family stories.

It only happened twice a year. Once on his mom's birthday and again on their wedding anniversary.

It's always the same. Mr. Anderson would come home after work, totally sober, and just start hitting him. Saying it's his fault his mom was dead.

Saying how if he wasn't born then Nina wouldn't have wanted to stop the chemo because she didn't want Luke to see her like that.

But it wasn't Luke's fault. Nina wanted to die. She even told my mom that. No one has ever told Luke that though.

I won't let anyone tell him. He would think it truly was his fault if someone told him that.

The worst part about it all is that Luke wont let anyone tell the police. He wont even press charges. He will never press charges. His dad is the only family he has left.

I sighed and got up, walking over to him. "What are you doing honey?" I didn't bother looking back over at my mom as I replied, "I'm taking him to the hospital. He looked worse than usual mom.''

Finally reaching him, I touched his shoulder gently. "Luke....Luke? Wake up."

He shifted but didn't wake up. I shook him a little harder but not enough to injure him further and said his name a little louder.

"Luke!"

He jolted awake, hitting me in the face in the process. I let it go because it was probably a reflex.

He blinked a few times before looking at me. as soon as he saw me he launched himself at me crying his heart out. He ignored the pain it probably caused him and continued hugging me.

He started shivering and I gave him my jacket, helping him up. "It's worse, Parker. He...he hit me two days in a row. I thought it was over after my mom's birthday was, just like always. That's never happened. What am I going to do?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to do because every time I or anyone tell him to press charges against his terrible father he, for some unknown reason, always refuses.

I pulled him towards the door and help him out on his shoes as though he were a little kid because he kept wincing every time he moved.

"Where are we going?' His voice was still thick with sleep and he sounded adorable. Even for a guy.

I helped him up again and opened the door followed by the car door for him.

"To the hospital."

____________________________________________________________________________

Prologue done.

Vote.

Comment.

Fan.

-- Avery