3. when madi met cam

"The day that I met you, I started dreaming"
——- Kingston, Faye Webster

June 20th, 2020 the summer before 9th grade

  Madi and her family always went to Cousins way before the Conklin's came.

It was Madi, Jeremiah, Conrad, her Mom and her dad.

After this summer though, her dad stopped coming with them. He only visited for the 4th of July weekend and Madi's birthday.

   Madi and her brothers spent all day begging their parents to take them to the Cousins boardwalk.  It was a short drive, so Susannah and Adam decided, why not.

The boardwalk was amazing, the beach was right off of it, there was dozens of stores and little restaurants, and of course the rides.

But Madi's favorite place was the arcade.

"Okay kids, listen. Spend this money wisely, and stay together. Got it?", Adam said, mostly talking to Conrad and Jeremiah.

They were all given 50 dollars each, and right as their parents were out of sight. Jeremiah and
Conrad sprinted towards the rides, specifically the tower of terror, and left Madi all alone.

Madi didn't mind though, she honestly preferred to be alone, and that means she was able to go to the Arcade and play some games on her own.

The boys always "helped" Madi with every game, but she knew they were only doing that because they had no money left and just wanted to play more games.

Boys will be boys.

Madis favorite game at the Arcade was Street fighter, she sucked though. The bot would always win against her, she didn't mind though.

As she entered the Arcade, she spotted the game.

But to her surprise, someone was playing it.  The Street fighter game the Arcade had was very old. It had been there since the Arcade was first built.

It was popular then, but when so many new and modern games were being put in, everyone stopped playing Street fighter.

Well, of course not Madi or it seems to be the boy who was playing it.

She went to go play some other games until the boy was done playing.

A half hour later

Madi was done at that point, she had been watching the boy lose and win. But he never left.

She started to walk up to the boy, with the intention to rip him to absolute shreds.

She tapped the boy on his shoulder, and when he turned around everything she had planned to do and say flew out the window.

Madison Anna Fisher was a total hopeless romantic she dreamed of the perfect love story she watched in movies and read in books.

But it never came, all her friends had boyfriends. Why didn't she?

She was stuck in a trance and she scanned the boys face.