Chapter 4

The whole day, my mind has been lost in outer space, well, not really. I was thinking of something else. Max was curious of what was happening to me. I just said nothing.

"Are you sure that nothing is bothering you? You keep staring at your book", he said. I hesitated for some seconds before responding.

"It's just that.... I don't know, Max. I haven't been able to concentrate", I said. We were walking down the hallway and I saw Kia. She waved and came running to us.

"Kia!", I cried.

"Yuki! Max! I missed y'all!", Kia said, hugging us. We hugged her back.

"Hi Kia! How is your class?", Max asked.

"Pft, class is boring. We just do reading and stuff like that. I rather be with y'all", Kia said, facing the way we were and putted her arms around us. I smiled and giggled a little.

"Hey! Maybe after school, we can go to eat. And maybe we can invite Ella, if she is not busy again", Max said. He crossed his arms. Ella never came to our group things. She always said "I'm busy today" or "I can't go." I still wanted Ella to go. She is very quiet to start with. Maybe she likes to be alone after school.

𝘏𝘶𝘩, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘐 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳, I asked in my mind. I heard some foot steps and I turned around. It was Cris. Max and Kia turned around too.

"Hi Cris!", Kia said. I looked confused.

"Max, Yuki, this is my brother Cris. Cris this is Max and this is Yuki", Kia said. Me and Max said hi.

"Oh we are in the same class", Cris said. We nodded.

"Oh! So y'all know each other?", Kia asked, looking at me and Max, then at Cris.

"Not really. We never told each other's name.", I said with a smile. Cris put his head down a little. We all walked outside the school.

"So do y'all want to come and have dinner with us?", Max asked.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵?! 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘊𝘳𝘪𝘴, 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯. 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘮𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦, I said. 𝘖𝘩 𝘔𝘢𝘹, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥?