Chapter 18

Yuki, Nightgazer and Clearnight waited outside school in the parking lot. Yuki paced back and forth, Nightgazer leaned on a tree and Clearnight kept glancing around.

"She is showing up now? How long has it been?!", Clearnight asked. Yuki sighed.

"I don't know. But I'm glad we get to see her again", Yuki said as she kept pacing around. Nightgazer was puzzled.

"Who's Ella?", he asked. He placed his hands on his pockets.

"Ella is an old friend. She doesn't socialize. It's surprising she showed up after a long time", Clearnight said as she looked at Nightgazer. Nightgazer hummed. Yuki gasped.

"There", she said. Nightgazer and Clearnight turned to look at the direction Yuki was looking. Someone was riding a white motorcycle, their face covered by the black helmet. The rider stopped in front of them. Clearnight stud next to Yuki.

The person took off its helmet, blond hair fell down her back, green eyes glowed as the sun reflected them. She got off the motorcycle and walked to Yuki and Clearnight. 

"Yuki, Kia", Ella said softly with a small smile. Yuki and Clearnight immediately hugged their old friend tightly. Ella hugged them back.

"Ella! Where have you been?", Yuki asked as she let go of her. Clearnight did the same thing. 

"Me and my parents had to move for a while", Ella explained. Nightgazer narrowed his eyes at her. Ella glanced past Yuki's and Clearnight's shoulder. Her gaze fell on Nightgazer, who was still leaning on the tree.

"Who's that?", Ella asked. Yuki and Clearnight turned around to look at Nightgazer. Nightgazer walked up to them.

"I'm Cris, Kia's sister", Nightgazer half lied. Ella slowly nodded. 

"Nice to meet you, Cris", Ella said. Yuki smiled at them, already liking this. Ella looked at Clearnight.

"So what did you want to talk about?", Clearnight asked. Yuki looked at Ella curiously. 

"About Max", Ella asked, almost immediately. Nightgazer crossed his arms. 

"Max?", Nightgazer asked. Ella nodded. Yuki nudged Nightgazer's arm, making him look at her.

"I have a bad feeling about him", Ella continued. They all looked at her curiously.

"How come? Max is an awesome person", Yuki said and tilted her head slightly. Ella shooked her head. 

"I suspect him", Ella said as she placed her helmet on the motor's seat. Clearnight glanced at Nightgazer, who also glanced at her. "He's been acting strange lately"

"How strange?", Nightgazer asked. Ella hesitated.

"Don't tell him this but...", she passed and got closer to them. "He seems to be like that book called 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘞𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴. Wolf ears and tail...different eye color, powerful", she whispered. Yuki gasped.

"You're being serious?!", she asked. Ella nodded. Nightgazer didn't like that sound of Ella's mind.

𝘠𝘦𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦. 𝘔𝘢𝘹 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘞𝘰𝘭𝘧𝘰𝘯, her mind went. Nightgazer suspected her. Clearnight heard this too.

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵? 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵, Clearnight said.

𝘔𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, Nightgazer said. 

𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿. 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲! 𝗦𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘆𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲