Chapter 14

Lunch time

Nightgazer and Clearnight sat together like always. Yuki came next with Max.

"Hi, guys!", Max said as he sat across Clearnight. Yuki sat across Nightgazer.

"Max! Hi!", Clearnight said and secretly nudged his arm.

"Hey, Max", Nightgazer said with a smiled. Yuki kept her gaze down slightly. Clearnight looked at her.

"What's wrong, Yuki? Did Max do something? If he did, I will beat him up right now", Clearnight as she glared at Max.

Yuki laughed.

"It's nothing. Just my thoughts", Yuki said. 𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴? 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

Clearnight smiled and gently nudged her leg with her foot.

Yuki smiled. "Thanks", she whispered. Nightgazer frowned.

They chatted for a while, changing the topic. At least, Yuki managed to clear out things with Nightgazer. The situation from before wasn't as uncomfortable as before.

After school

Clearnight, Nightgazer, and Yuki walked home.

"So, Yuki. Are you going home or are you staying tonight?", Clearnight asked as she nudged Yuki's arm.

"I told my mom I will stay tonight", Yuki said with a shrug. Clearnight giggled.

"Alright!", she said with a chuckle and glanced at Nightgazer.

"No! Don't think that!", Nightgazer said to Clearnight and ran inside the house. Clearnight laughed.

"What did you tell him?", Yuki asked. Clearnight snickered.

"I told him that y'all can cuddle and stuff, you know?", Clearnight said with a smirk. Yuki blushed.

"Kia! We-! We aren't a thing, yet!", Yuki said and covered her mouth.

"Yet?", Clearnight asked as she wiggled her eyebrows. Yuki was a blushing mess.

"F-forget it", Yuki said and headed inside. Clearnight followed her.

𝗢𝗵, 𝗚𝗮𝘇𝗲𝗿. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲?! 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝘆. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗲.

Nightgazer growled and hold his head with one hand. Clearnight looked at him curiously.

"Are you ok?", she asked as she placed her hand on his back.

"Yea, just a little bonk", Nightgazer said as he sighed. Yuki had a worry expression.

"I'll take a shower first", Yuki said and went to the bathroom.

Clearnight and Nightgazer looked at each other.

"What is it, Gazer?", Clearnight whispered.

"It's a voice. My head hurts everytime it talks to me. I don't recognize the voice, though", Nightgazer said. Clearnight studied his expression.

"What does the voice tell you?", she asked.

"Something about Yuki and that we will meet again. I don't know", Nightgazer said and sighed. "I just don't understand"

Clearnight hummed. "I feel like it has something to do with Max", she said. Nightgazer shook his head.

"If it was him, I would had recognized his voice", Nightgazer said. He sat down on the couch. Clearnight sat next to him. Nightgazer sighed again.