Chapter twenty eight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lonely soul and the last to admit I need a hand to hold." - Happy, NF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

💫 Maya 💫

It's been a week since Manuela, Fernando, Carlos, Dante and Alejandro moved in and dad thought it would be a good idea to go to an amusement park to bond. 

I haven't really talked to anyone except dad and Lucas but I have been hanging out with my friends more. 

Last wednesday we went to Landon's house to do some homework and hang out. We got to know eachother better and even though I am not an expert on social interactions, I have a feeling Landon likes Sofia. 

He kept looking at her when she was talking, even when she was not talking but just vibing to the music he looked like he was looking at the cutest little puppy ever. I hope they get something, they would be really cute together. 

I have hung out with Carlos and Alejandro a little, we played some games on the nintendo but they were way to good. 

Manuela and I baked some cookies yesterday which was really fun, she feels like someone who would do anything for her children. 

Fernando and Daniel have been working together a lot, apparently Fernando is also part of the family business.

I really need to ask what the family business is soon.

Right now it is sunday morning and everyone is running around, grabbing their stuff because we are leaving at 10.45 and it's now 10.39. 

Didn't they pack their bags yesterday? Why is no one prepared, we knew we would be going at 10.45.

Since I am already completely ready to go, I just walk outside and take my seat in the car. The rest will come when they are ready, which must be before 10.45, right? 

After what feels like a few minutes I check my phone, 10.41, they are still not here. 

Another minute ticks by without seeing anyone leave the door. 

10.44, where are they? We have to go. 

10.45, still not here.

10.47, I see the door open, everyone walks out with their bags towards the cars, we are going with three. 

No one is bothered by the fact we are late?

They walk agonisingly slowly, it's like I am seeing things in slow-motion. Maybe my mind is just going a thousand miles an hour.

When they finally reach the car doors at 10.49 everyone gets in, dad, Daniel and Lucas in the same car as me, Manuela, Fernando, Dante and Alejandro in one car and Mateo, Martín, Hugo and Carlos in the last. 

After driving off Lucas, who is sitting next to me in the backseat, turns to me "Mariposa, are you okay? You seem a little off." I guess it's showing.

I look down and whisper a "We're late". It stays quiet, when I look up I see dad looking at me through the back mirror and Daniel turned around in his seat. "What did you say, mi amore?" 

Shit, I didn't realise this is the first time I talked with more than one person around me. I speak up a little "We're late. We were supposed to leave at 10.45, it's 10.51." Daniel's mouth forms an 'o' shape, like he just realised something important.