THE CLOWNS HERE KILL (2)

PREVIOUSLY ON ESCAPE THE NIGHT.

Joey recruits 10 friends to save a town trapped in the 1970's...but he's keeping a secret from them. The town of Everlock seems safe, until the clowns come out to play. They discover something truly evil is at work.

"WE'RE GOING TO ROLL our dice of death and whoever's number comes up, I gut them right here!" The frontman of the clown clan shouts, raising her blade and pointing it at the spinning victims, each tied to a pole on the merry-go-round, noises of distress and fear coming from the ten potential victims.

The dice are thrown on to the ground in-front of the clowns.

"Eight!"

MADELINE - 8

"No! Please no!" Madeline cries out in desperation, pleading them to spare her life. The clowns around them begin to point, locating Madeline instantly and wasting no time in making their approach.

MADELINE: They're all pointing at me to be killed! And I'm thinking 'oh my god, of course they pick the smart one!'

TEALA: I'm like, over spinning. I don't like it. It's making me nauseous and dizzy.

Before the clowns could get to close a low growl could be heard in the background of the fair and Madeline could only pray that help may be on the way, maybe it wasn't over yet...

Mortimer appears out of a back alley, revving his motorbike and firing shots into the air. It doesn't take long for Mortimer to take down the majority of the clowns as Calliope rushes to untie her new found friends. She unties Matthew first, allowing him to rush to Madeline and untie her before gathering her up in his arms, stroking her hair and rubbing her back as she clung to him, eternally grateful that she had been granted the safety of her life. She clung to Matt, arms around his neck as though her life depended on it, as only moments ago, it did.

The two slowly separated as Matt placed both hands on either side of her face, checking for any injuries before letting her go and the two rush to untie their friends as Mortimer takes care of the clowns.

ROI: I think Mortimer is a good guy now. I'm a huge fan of Mortimer!

COLLEEN: Mortimer appears! And he comes and unties me... and everyone else but mainly me.

The group work to untie each other, Madeline finished untying Safiya before the two joint hands and met back with the group and they all celebrated their close escape. Manny clung to Madeline, beyond relieved to see her safe as the rest of the group rubbed her arms and back in support.

JOEY: So I definitely had my doubts about Mortimer and Calliope, but the fact that they're both helping us and rescuing us makes me trust them a little bit more.

The group rush into the arcade, Matt, Ro and Madeline holding onto each other still as they inspected their new safe spot, having not seen it before due to their prior commitments containing clowns and dirty lavatories.

SAFIYA: So after all this chaos of being tied to the carousel, at least now we sorta know what we have to do to get rid of these clowns.

MANNY: In order to defeat these clowns we have to cleanse an artifact. And the jack in the box is the clown's artifact.

"So we've got..." Madeline began laying things out on the table "a key, a journal and also the dice"

MATPAT: So inside the carnival masters journal there is a map of the room that we're currently standing in. So we start searching the back wall and behind the cork board, Madeline locates a gap to place the dice.

Madeline pushes the door through and the group break out into gasps and excitement, Safiya telling Madeline it looked like a brainy bunch sex dungeon.

MANNY: So I'm looking around the room thinking 'okay what in here looks like it could be helpful to us?

"Hey guys? What about that map?" Madeline asks, noticing the map isn't quite full. "Every time an artifact gets cleansed, more of the map is revealed" Matt reads aloud. "Seems like we gotta get cleansing some artifacts"

JOEY: So immediately I notice a 'society against evil' symbol. Because you know, we go way back.

The group retrieve the map from the wall and place it on the table.

"We were too late." Madeline begins to read "even with all of our society's knowledge we didn't understand the carnival master's dark plan. To save Everlock we froze it in time to give us a chance to stop him, but we were no match for his wrath. Realising all hope was lost, I used the last of my life's magic to encase him in an amber prison. But, the spell has reached its end. At sunrise the carnival master will be released from his prison and will consume all life in Everlock. There are eight corrupted artifacts which the carnival master draws power from. If they can be gathered and cleansed of evil, the carnival master will be weakened and can be slain. However, the artifacts are protected, and whenever touched their evil guardian will appear. The final act to cleanse each artifact will require voting on two who must undertake a horrifying challenge than only one shall survive. By sunrise, if they artifacts have not been cleansed and the carnival master has not been slain, everyone in this town, including you, will be destroyed." Madeline finished, out of breath and baffled by what she'd just read.

Matt saw her exasperated expression and chuckled, placing a hand on her lower back as she leaned onto him, mock catching her breath.

SAFIYA: So, there are eight artifacts that the carnival master draws its power from and each little artifact has a protector?

MATPAT: So, if we don't figure this out before sunrise, we are all going to die.