VENOMOUS AFFECTIONS (3)

PREVIOUSLY ON ESCAPE the night. Joey and his friends are rescued and discover the real threat against Everlock. JC and Teala are voted into the final challenge and choose a partner to fight for them, blood has been spilt yet there are seven artifacts left to defeat the carnival master.

"Not everyone in town is telling the truth"  Madeline places the note back upon the table.

"So we don't have much to go off besides this" Safiya points to the note Madeline had placed on the table and looks doubtfully at her friends.

MADELINE: The note I found said that somebody in town is not telling the truth.

"So who do you think is lying?"

"Well we only know two people and that's Calliope and Mortimer" Joey starts.

JOEY: I'm so thankful that Calliope and Mortimer are targets towards someone's lying.

"How do we know we can all be trusted?" Colleen sits forward, voicing what everyone was thinking yet didn't want to say.

COLLEEN: I'm really keeping my eye on Joey right now, I feel like he's hiding something from us.

"Teala how are you feeling coming back from that challenge?" Joey asks her, she hadn't said a lot since she returned and it was starting to worry people that she was maybe building a vendetta against the group seeing as she was voted in.

"I agree with Colleen, we obviously can't trust everyone. Somebody voted me in." She turned her head towards Nakita and Madeline who had sat together on the other side of the couch.

"Woah what was that look?" Madeline questioned, the British in her made her confrontational and almost defensive, she wouldn't let someone treat her like an idiot.

"Do you not think it was rightfully so?" Nakita asks the girl, Madeline and Nakita were a force to be reckoned with separately but together they would be practically unstoppable, both confrontational and Madeline's evident smarts made them valuable to their team.

Teala made a face as she leaned back, realising she was never going to win that argument.

SAFIYA: Calliope pulls the map down from the wall. We can see that there are new things on there.

"Fat man slims is now on there" Madeline quickly points out. Matthew sits forward, placing a hand on her lower back as he peers over her shoulder to get a better look at the map.

SAFIYA: So I guess every time we cleanse an artifact there's going to be something new on there.

"Beware the snakes. The serpents eyes lie in wait." Joey reads the message next to the new building.

COLLEEN: There's this message that says there's going to be snakes. First we had to deal with clowns and now snakes?

Out of the corner or her eye Madeline sees movement from the front of the safe room. "Hey! What? Who was that?" She jumps up and sprints after the woman, grabbing her by the back of her coat and slamming her into a chair in the arcade, the group following her, shouting and yelling in confusion.

MADELINE: I must say, that was the first time I've ever tackled and captured a super spy! I felt very cool to be honest.

Joey grabs a rope from Calliope and ties the woman in the chair as Madeline and Nakita hold her in place.

NAKITA: Of course we tied her up! It's what any normal person would've done.

"Listen honey. What were you doing?" Nakita interrogated, Madeline moving away from the girl and holding onto Ro as she caught her breath.