Strong Like a Demon (5)

THE GROUP SAT in the arcade as they waited for Joey to return from his 'bathroom break'.

ROSANNA: Joey said he's going to the bathroom, so we're waiting for him, but he's been a really long time.

MANNY: Collectively I can feel the energy of the group is just down. We're like 'okay, what do we even do next?'.

"So, what do we even do with it?" Safiya asks, stood next to the Lazerus box looking down at it.

COLLEEN: I know that if we can open it, something good might happen.

Colleen calls everybody over to the table as they begin discussing the box.
"The only thing we have, is these coins? This shape? And it's the same shape that was on Joeys bag. It's also on the map."

COLLEEN: I'm starting to really feel like we can't trust Joey...

The group begin piecing together all of the suspicions they have about Joey. The 'bathroom breaks' and suspicious comments.

SAFIYA: I do think that Joey knows more than he's telling us, I'm just not sure that he's evil.

"It's time that we get some answers... let's go find Joey?" Matt suggests as the group nod in agreement.

ROSANNA: Some people are feeling suspicious of Joey, I'm feeling concerned. Did something happen to him?

The group pile out of the arcade and begin their search for Joey. "Hey guys? Is that not him stood over there? By that bridge thing?" Madeline calls as she turns her head towards the left of the arcade, before following In pursuit of the blonde. The rest of the group close behind.

MANNY: He's stood there, infront of this creepy ass looking cemetery. I'm like 'you're trying it bitch. Like, you're actually trying it right now'. I had the right mind to beat his ass right there.

"Joey? Joey! What are you doing?" Madeline steps forward as they reach the man.

MADELINE: Joeys acting so weird? Like, we're calling and calling his name but it's almost like he can't hear us?

"Joey? Are you okay?" Madi asks as she steps forward, Matt is quick to follow, lightly wrapping his hand around her wrist. whatever is going on now, he doesn't like it.
"What?" Joey turns around as if they had made him jump, Matt slightly pulling Madeline back towards him, something was off with Joey and he wasn't going to risk putting her in danger. Especially tonight.

"What were you doing hun? Are you okay?" She asks as he walks towards them in a panic. "That's where the darkness is coming from." He rushes out, looking at the group desperately. "That's where the carnival master is. I've been here before." Before Joey can expand, the group rush out questions of specifics.

SAFIYA: Joey says that the symbols on the Lazarus box stands for the society against evil, who he says he's worked for before.

"I've helped them before. And they need my help again. I don't know how I got here. I don't know how I left but I did."

"That's a lot of IDKs, okay." Nikita speaks for the group.

JOEY: I know I sound crazy right now but I can't tell them that I saw this church before when I died!

"I'm over this! This isn't helping any of us right now, let's just go back to the map, and that's the only thing we have to go off of." Nikita voices.

"Something has changed on the map!" Calliope bursts out, rushing to the centre of the group.