VENOMOUS AFFECTIONS (3.1)

THE GROUP AID Roi into the arcade and place him in care of Calliope, rushing back outside in order to discuss their options.

NAKITA: The snake-woman appears out of nowhere and snatches Roi like the wig off a drag queen! And I was like *gasp* thank god it wasn't me.

"You've been poisoned! In twenty minutes it's going to eat through your organs. You have to create an antidote to save him!" Calliope reveals to the group and Mortimer points the group toward a drug store in the corner of the town.

MATPAT: I volunteer to go to the drug store and try to concoct an anti-venom. As well as Colleen, Rosanna and Madeline. The other group meanwhile, head over to fat man slims to try and see if perhaps there will be a clue.

GROUP 1: CREATE ANTIDOTE

"Okay there's no one in here." Colleen opens the door, letting the  four behind her inside.

COLLEEN: So I walk in this drug store and there are potions and pills.

"Here! Apothecary field guide?" Madeline holds the book in-front of Matt's face and he grins back at her, they flick through the pamphlet before landing on the 'Anti-Venom recipe'.

"An old recipe for an anti-venom that will stop even a cobras bite." Matthew reads over Madeline's shoulder, his hand on her lower back.

MATPAT: We see a bunch of pamphlets on the table, one of which tells us the recipe for the anti-venom.

"After the ingredients are gathered they have to be combined in a centrifuge. If done correctly the liquid will be yellow."  Madeline finishes for Matt.

"A pinch of Hem[???]"

MATPAT: Unfortunately, the recipe was blacked out in certain areas. So while me and Madeline read out the ingredients, Ro and Colleen try and locate specifically what we're looking for.

"I found a hemp, already-"

"There might be more than one"

MADELINE: Ro and Colleen are searching the shelves and there are so many possibilities that it seems like this could take us all night.

"Hemlock?" Colleen calls out to the others. "Hemlock? Surely not! That's like an extremely poisonous plant I doubt that's it?" Madeline spins round to look at Colleen. Matt raises his eyebrows at her random spout of knowledge, impressed by her quick thinking and general knowledge.

1 DROP OF SNAKE [???]

1 DROP OF [???] OIL

Madeline and Matt read out the sheet to the girls, hoping it may be quicker if they look for multiple things at once.

"Okay so I have snake blood and snake venom?" Colleen reads the names on the front of the two containers she is holding.

"Don't you have to use venom to counteract the poison?" Madeline calls out, recalling something she read in some supposedly fictional book a while back.

"Well I also have rose oil and tea tree oil?" Colleen continues to read out.

MATPAT: So it turns out there are actually multiple items that fit that criteria.

"Grab whatever you see and bring it over!" Matt tells the other two, they'd have to trial and error until they found the correct ingredients.

PETAL FROM AN EVENING FLOWER

PEBBLE THAT CAUSES WATER TO BUBBLE

"An evening flower?" Madeline mutters, wandering over to the shelf in order to help the other two look.