2 - Red light on the wedding night

"Hello, my lovely incredible and beautiful best friend," Avery looked over at Tristan who had just walked into Luke's

"Hello, my lovely incredible and beautiful best friend," Avery looked over at Tristan who had just walked into Luke's. The girl curled a brow at him "What do you want?" Tristan scoffed "What? I can't come say hi to my best friend while she's working?" Avery put a hand on her hip and gave him a look "Okay, fine. My mom is hosting a dinner party tomorrow night and has requested that you be there. She basically threw me out of the house and told me not to come back unless you were with me." Avery laughed as she walked back behind the counter and poured the boy a cup of coffee "Thanks. Please say you'll come to the dinner, Hayden. I would really like to be let back inside my home,"

    "Sorry, my moms bachelorette party is tomorrow. You're gonna have to sleep on a bench" She told him with a testing grin. Tristan groaned "Please? My uncle is gonna be there and I don't think I can handle him without you. My cousins are great, my uncle. Not so much," Avery pursed her lips  "Sorry, babe. I can't miss my mom's party. Tell your mom I'll come over for dinner next week. Maybe she'll let you back in the house,"

    Avery grabs a fresh coffee pot and walks over to Taylor's table "Need a refill?" Taylor nods at the with a smile "Absotivalutely" He says holding up his cup. "The hell is your deal?" Avery asks him. "Avery, don't swear at the customers" Luke says walking up behind the girl," Avery turns to face him "First of all Taylor, since when are you against swearing at Taylor? And second, he's happy about something. It's never a good sign when Taylor is happy about something,"

    Luke gives the girl a look but when she turns to Taylor and sees the man wearing a smile, he sighs and glances back at Avery who's looking at him with raised eyebrows "What's up Taylor?" Taylor hums at the diner owner "Nothing. I'm just happy," Luke and Avery look at each other with worried expressions "That's what's making us nervous," Luke tells him "You're a very paranoid man, Luke. It's sad. And you're starting to rub off on poor Avery," Taylor says looking between the two. Avery huffs and walks back over to the counter as Lorelai and Rory walk in.

    "God, not you too. What are you smiling about?" Avery asks Tristan. He just looks at her with a goofy smile on his face "I love this town," Avery shakes her head "Are you hungry?" Tristan nods "Depends, did you make pancakes?" The girl glances over at her mothers table and sees Max walk in before turning back to Tristan "Yeah. Blueberry" She tells him. The boy smiles "Then, yes. I am hungry." Avery nods and goes to get him his food.

    The girl comes out from the kitchen and places the plate in front of Tristan, when she looks out the window and sees a work crew outside "Oh god." She mumbles and walks over to Luke who was still standing at her mothers table. The girl taps him on the shoulder and pints outside "What the hell are they doing out there?" Luke asks

    "What? Who is that?" Taylor asks as he stands up from his table. Luke and Avery snap their heads in the man's direction "What are they doing Taylor?" Avery asks. Taylor Looks out the window "It looks like they're coning off the street." He shrugs "Taylor" Luke says in a low tone. "Well if you must know, they are a county work crew here to install Stars Hollow's first traffic light and metered crosswalk," Upon hearing the man's words, Luke rushes outside with Taylor following after him.