2.6 - Written in the stars

"Shaken, not stirred, Jeeves" Loreali said, while she and her daughters sat on a plush loveseat in the elder Gilmores pool house with Richard

"Shaken, not stirred, Jeeves" Loreali said, while she and her daughters sat on a plush loveseat in the elder Gilmores pool house with Richard. Emily and Richard Gilmore had separated which resulted in the man moving out into the pool house. "His name is Robert," Richard corrects his daughter.

"I thought every butler's name was Jeeves," Lorelai jokes "He's not a butler. He's a valet," Richard states. Avery looks over at her grandfather and smiles "So he parks your car?" The man shakes his head at the younger twin "No, he does not park my car. He does exactly what you see him doing now,"

"So he's a bartender," Lorelai says "He attends to my needs" Richard says "Ah, so he's a geisha," Avery quips, earning a high five from her mother "You two are so much alike it's scary." Avery's grandpa says shaking his head, before focusing his attention on the twins. "So, you young ladies are starting you second year of Yale this week,"

Avery nods "Yeah, Rosemary and I moved in a few days ago. Rory moves in on Monday." She tells him with an excited smile "Where are you going to be living," He asks "Branford," Rory tells him "You're going to love Branford College. That is where I lived, you know. It is the oldest of Yale's residential colleges. They have these Carillon bells that are enchanting, and it has, what was called by Robert Frost, the most beautiful college courtyard in America."

Avery smiles at her grandfather "Tell you what, once were both settled you could come down and we can lunch together," She suggests, Rory nodding in agreement. Richard smiles and nods "It's a date,"

***

Avery sighs in content as she finishes unpacking her last box in hers and Rosemary's living area. The phone starts ringing and the girl rushes to answer "City morgue. You kill 'em, we chill 'em. How may I help you?"

"Avery, I need your help. Professor Flemming died and Paris has gone off her rocker," Rory says on the phone. Avery grimaced "He didn't die while they were-" The girls twin cut her off "He didn't die in bed. Can you please come help me calm her down?"

Avery groans as she contemplates it, she really didn't want to deal with Paris "I'll do your laundry for a month," Rory sighs. Avery smiles "You got yourself a deal. I'll be down in a minute."

***

The younger twin got to Rory and Paris' dorm. When she walked in and furrowed her brows. It was dark and there were candles set up everywhere "Woah, who d-" Avery cut herself off as Paris snapped her head toward the girl and she winced when she realized what she was about to say "I mean, I'm sorry for your loss, Paris," The girl huffs and walks away and into her bedroom. Avery turns to her sister "What are you doing?"

"Holding a wake in Professor Flemming's honor," She replied with a tight smile. Avery couldn't help the snort that came out, she felt bad that the man had died, especially because he was a friend of her grandfathers, but she found it a little comical how crazy Paris was going over it. "Okay, then"