chapter seven

*during brunch*

The girls sat opposite each other, slowly sipping on iced coffees and waiting for their food to arrive.

"so how have you been? i haven't seen you in months 'cause of your lover dragging you away from me", started scout.

"i have actually been enjoying my time in italy, thank you very much", the girl laughed, "it was so beautiful we have to go back there together you would love love love it! i swear, necking back wines all day it was glorious".

"oh definitely, even if you go again with your other friends i'm tagging along i don't care" the girl jokes.

"speaking of other friends, i really need to get you to meet the inhaler lads and our friend group finally, you'd gel with them all so well, and then we can hang out even more than we already do", maeve smiled at the brunette.

"seriously and then i can finally get someone to teach me to play guitar seen as though you were finally nice enough to teach me how to use a camera"

"anyway how are you and bethan, i know you were worried about something between you both two months ago but you didn't really speak to me about it properly", maeve asked.

"oh yeah, it was just her friend abbie encouraging her to get with someone at a club, but she's the same friend who was also trying to get bethan to flirt with men at the bar for free drinks. so it's a bit awkward like why is she so hellbent on getting bethan to practically cheat on me with other people", scout explained.

"wait that's so weird. why would she do that, isn't she your friend too?", maeve questioned.

"exactly my point, but it's whatever i'm just hoping that it's fucking stopped now because i can't be bothered with any drama anymore, especially not with abbie or bethan" scout answered.

"yeah for the better of everyone, i hope that abbie has learnt not to do that cause that's so odd".

The duo quietly ate their food and continued to converse about random topics and experiences within their lives. They decided that maeve would bring scout to meet inhaler after their performance at leeds festival, and they also confirmed that when i have her on my mind was scout's favourite song by the band.