chapter twelve

"yeah of course s, do you want to come over i'm just at my apartment now?"

"please."

Scout quickly left house and entered her car, driving down the deserted roads as it was late at night. Her brain was racing through emotions, after the heartbreaking news she knew she had to let it out.

When she was younger scout had always wrote poems, short stories and even songs to express her feelings. She found it hard to speak to people directly about how she was feeling, so instead would write them down in an attempt to rid herself of those emotions.

Her feelings for Bethan were so strong, and to have them all thrown away because of the girl's mistake hurt. She looked for comfort in the only way she knew how; writing. However it had been a long time since she wrote as her communication with Bethan meant that her feelings were heard and validated, but now she felt she didn't have the same safe space she once found herself in.

Josh and Scout had become close ever since they reconnected through social media, talking continuously in between schedules. she found it easy to talk to him, and thought that he would be the perfect person to help her out her feelings into ink on a page, or more so, lyrics to a melody.